• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson guest posing @ 2010 NPC Muscle Mayhem

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
you found funny... I am sooo happy for you :bitelip:

Charles Glass is genius & a legend!

Who do you think out there knows about training MR Hany Ram-butt:omgwtf:

Oscar "The Droopy" Ardon? :omgwtf::omgwtf:

George "The Pro Maker" Farah... the guy is so pathetic he even stole Hany's tag... :bball:

None of these fake Gurus can hold a candle to Mr Charles Glass when it comes to training, thank you very much!:headbang:

These guys have had much more success then charles glass. Charles glass is mostly known for getting Flex and Cormier in shape... they both have insane genetics, whose to say they wouldnt be better off with "the droopy" or "ram-butt"?

FEVER

FEVER

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These guys have had much more success then charles glass. Charles glass is mostly known for getting Flex and Cormier in shape... they both have insane genetics, whose to say they wouldnt be better off with "the droopy" or "ram-butt"?
that is not true.

charless has worked with many athletes. eg. Gunter in 2002 Mr. O when he undoubtedly look his best (finished 5, and should have been much higher)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
that is not true.

charless has worked with many athletes. eg. Gunter in 2002 Mr. O when he undoubtedly look his best (finished 5, and should have been much higher)

How does that make my statement not true? notice i said "mostly known for.."

iirc he also worked with Gunter in 2006 and he didnt look so hot that year.

FEVER

FEVER

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When Melvin Anthony won his show years he also worked with charless

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you found funny... I am sooo happy for you :bitelip:

Charles Glass is genius & a legend!

Who do you think out there knows about training MR Hany Ram-butt:omgwtf:

Oscar "The Droopy" Ardon? :omgwtf::omgwtf:

George "The Pro Maker" Farah... the guy is so pathetic he even stole Hany's tag... :bball:

None of these fake Gurus can hold a candle to Mr Charles Glass when it comes to training, thank you very much!:headbang:

:doh:

Genius, despite some ill-conceived books to the contrary, is a term to denote mental acuity:
Dictionary Definition said:
Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.
Not the ability to train people for a BBing contest! Moreover in a general sense genius is:
A genius is a person, a body of work, or a singular achievement of surpassing excellence. More than just originality, creativity, or intelligence, genius is associated with achievement of insight which has transformational power. This is called genius spark. A work of genius vastly raises the expectations of its audience. Genius may be generalized, or be particular to a discrete field such as philosophy, sports, statesmanship, science, or the arts.

Although difficult to quantify, genius is a level of aptitude, capability, or achievement which exceeds even that of most other exceptional contemporaries in the same field. The normal distribution suggests that the term might be applied to phenomena ranked in the top 0.1%, i.e. three standard deviations or greater, among peers. In psychology, the inventor of the first IQ tests, Alfred Binet, applied the term to the top 0.1% of those tested. This usage of the term is closely related to the general concept of intelligence.

Charles Glass is not in the top 0.1% of his profession, he is also not exceptional in his field or raise the bar in any way. So even if you were able to attribute genius to a trainer, he would not fit the definition. That is what I find laughable. People are all too quick to throw terms around with little understanding of their meaning. "Hero" is another such term that is too often misused and misuse leads to cheapening of the term and the actual genuine recipients of the terms.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
lol wut

C

Comin_Up

Back is lookin alot rounder and bigger, especially in his front shots. Legs look bigger but yeah chest is smaller, mabye because his shoulders are geting bigger as well?

Savjav

Savjav

he is looking a little heavier tha last off season, hope he brings his best package and the judges give him his fair placing

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:doh:

Genius, despite some ill-conceived books to the contrary, is a term to denote mental acuity:

Not the ability to train people for a BBing contest! Moreover in a general sense genius is:

Uhhh GGGhOD!

The ingenius training routines and unique excercise alterations.... he doesnt pull those out of his ass!!! At least I hope he does'nt!:bullwhip:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The ingenius training routines and unique excercise alterations.... he doesnt pull those out of his ass!!! At least I hope he does'nt!:bullwhip:
What's so ingenious about anything he's designed?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Exactly my point. He is not anything amazing. Now if he had revolutionised training methodology for pro-bbers then I'd agree, but he just hasn't.

Hell he hasn't done anything particularly special with anyone he's trained. He's good but not that good.

C

cannonball33

He was good enough to win a Mr. O.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's so ingenious about anything he's designed?

Just because he doesnt piss-on others works and claim them his own by naming them techie names (uummm I dont know like FU101...) doesnt mean he hasnt "designed" anything special!

Look at the training alterations that he uses based on what he feels his athletes weaknesses and limb leverages warrent... watch Kai's back training video... watch Melvins leg training with him...

He is heaps better with his athletes while they are actually excercising.... watch what involvement & input Hany and Ardon have with their guys and compare that with Charles'....

Also just by the by He's worked with Magic Johnson, Flex Wheeler, Cormier, Gunter, Kai, Silvio Samuel, Wesley Snipes and Hide to just name a few!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Just because he doesnt piss-on others works and claim them his own by naming them techie names (uummm I dont know like FU101...) doesnt mean he hasnt "designed" anything special!
So, in not so many words, you can't name anything ingenious that he's designed. Okay. I'm not saying he's a bad trainer - he's a good one - but as Tim hinted at, you're making him out to be more than he is, especially in terms of innovation. Also, while impressive from a professional standpoint, your laundry list of of the man's clientele isn't going to change my opinion on his supposed genius.

Also, unless I've completely off the mark, I'm pretty sure your "FU101" was a slight at my airs and, if it was, I'd recommend you be less brash in the future.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, in not so many words, you can't name anything ingenious that he's designed. Okay. I'm not saying he's a bad trainer - he's a good one - but as Tim hinted at, you're making him out to be more than he is, especially in terms of innovation. Also, while impressive from a professional standpoint, your laundry list of of the man's clientele isn't going to change my opinion on his supposed genius.

Also, unless I've completely off the mark, I'm pretty sure your "FU101" was a slight at my airs and, if it was, I'd recommend you be less brash in the future.

One, I am not here to change minds... only to speak mine!
Two, FU101 was a crack at FST7 NOT YOU! :shakefist:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
lol i got the FU101 comment...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One, I am not here to change minds... only to speak mine!

Which harkens back to my point: you are making attributions that are inappropriate by their very definition. If you speak your mind, expect discussion, especially if you are making a point that is inaccurate or possibly flawed.

No-one is arguing that Charles is anything but a great trainer. But he would have to be the Einstein of his field to be labelled a genius (even then I'd take issue with the use of genius unless there was truely original thought applied). He is not the Einstein of his field, he is one of many trainers out there. If anything his visibility is about who he has worked with rather than the quality of the results (not to take anything away from him). I could make the claim that the trainers that work with actors probably do more with less in a shorter time period yet we do not idolate them in this manner.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Which harkens back to my point: you are making attributions that are inappropriate by their very definition. If you speak your mind, expect discussion, especially if you are making a point that is inaccurate or possibly flawed.

No-one is arguing that Charles is anything but a great trainer. But he would have to be the Einstein of his field to be labelled a genius (even then I'd take issue with the use of genius unless there was truely original thought applied). He is not the Einstein of his field, he is one of many trainers out there. If anything his visibility is about who he has worked with rather than the quality of the results (not to take anything away from him). I could make the claim that the trainers that work with actors probably do more with less in a shorter time period yet we do not idolate them in this manner.

Lighten up Tim, Not everything is meant to be taken in its stanch literal meaning... especially coming from an Aussie its quite estonishing (I hope this just good enough a word for this conversation?) since "you're a legend, Mate" is quite regularly used expression there! I dont believe you start lecturing people in the malls upon hearing it?.... right??? ... right??? :bitelip: