• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson ready for Romanian Grand Prix

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
can you say another pro show in the bag ? :D

The new Mr. Olympia is taking his show on the road. Proving he's not willing to rest on the biggest victory of his career, newly-crowned Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson will be competing in the Romanian Pro Grand Prix on October 11 in Timosoara, Romania. Jackson, who last weekend unseated Jay Cutler as the No. 1 bodybuilder in the world, is the only top Olympia competitor traveling to Romania. Aside from Jackson, Ronny Rockel and Sergey Shelestov are the only competitors from last weekend's Olympia competing in Romania. Considering the lineup, Jackson - cautious of sounding overly confident - expects nothing less than another win, which would be his fifth of the 2008 season.

"I'm in such good shape right now, and no one from here is gonna be there," Jackson said, "so I think it looks pretty good."

It will be the second time Jackson has traveled out of the United States to compete. In March, after winning the Arnold Classic for the third time in his career, Jackson won both the Australian and New Zealand Pro Grand Prix contests. By all accounts, Jackson - amazingly - was better in those two contests than he was at the Arnold. The 39-year-old expects more of the same this time around.

"I think I get better as I go," Jackson said. "I'm definitely gonna be in better condition. When I fly I get drier for some reason, so I have to drink a lot of water just to slow the process down. Most guys, when they fly they get bloated."

According to Jackson, he's still getting used to the idea of being the new Mr. O.

"I'm walking around and just thinking Mr. Olympia, Mr. Olympia .. that's all that's going through my mind," Jackson laughed. "But it still hasn't sunk in yet. My girlfriend called me, her and some of my friends were like Come on Mr. Olympia. And I'm like, No. That doesn't sound right, don't call me that yet. Jay told me it's gonna take about three or for months. He said that's how long it took for it to sink in for him."

2008 Romanian Pro Grand Prix Competitor List

Khalid Almohsinawi, Netherlands
Hanni Glanville, United Kingdom
Dexter Jackson, USA
Martin Kjellstrom, Sweden
Cesar Mendible, Venezuela
Manfred Petautschnig
Ronny Rockel, Germany
Sergey Shelestov, Russia
Tommi Thorvildsen, Norway
Ricky Welling, United Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
someone should alert the romainian police because a raping will take place october 11th

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ :keke: poor competition for a guy like Dex, i wish Jay,Phil and some others from top 5 at this mr O ,would compete too :(

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter could turn up on stage eating a bucket of KFC and still easily win that show.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter could turn up on stage eating a bucket of KFC and still easily win that show.

LOL.

I wonder how much he'll get paid? He should do something bizarre on stage; the hokey pokey!

P

PiC

im gona be at this show cuz i am from romania.bodybuilding is a very pour sport in our country.the prize will be change for dex but for the fans these will be unbeliavable.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dex would take it without a doubt... one more to the pocket.

B

benmoneyog

if he wins would five wins in one year be a bodybuilding record?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
im gona be at this show cuz i am from romania.bodybuilding is a very pour sport in our country.the prize will be change for dex but for the fans these will be unbeliavable.
Sounds like a great experience. Hope you enjoy it.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol @ Tommi Thorvildsen still competing. :jerkoff1:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I can hear a collective "Damn" from all the other competitors.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
here's something you don't see everyday. props to him.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats beyond determination there.
definite props.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome work... although it looks like someone played a joke on him with those rainbow trunks :D

Damn that's one of the longest torsos I've ever seen

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
great post pegasus, i've never heard about him, poor guy :( ..props to him for doing what he loves and showing that with determination and ambition everything is possible :)

repped man :2:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That guy was amazing as far as i am concerned. His development is great regardless of his handicap or not.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah thats pretty amazing.:xyxthumbs:
I don't know if someone noticed it or not but first half of his posing was a slow rednition of Dorians 91 and 92 Olympia rutines, pose for pose... :xyxthumbs:

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

great athlete props for him.