• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Dexter

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
dexter2-1.jpg


I'm a big fan of this show. One of the most original ideas I've seen in awhile. Anyone else watch the series? If so, what are your season 4 predictions?
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
I never really understood the TV Show on what its about
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
The show is excellent. The first season followed the first book loosely, the second season didn't follow the second book at all, the third season stole some key ideas from the second book.

It is a very good show.

Dridderz, the show is about a guy named Dexter. Dexter is a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Police Dept, in his spare time, Dexter is also a serial killer. The catch is, Dexter only kills people who have victims of their own.

The really cool part of the show is how they deal with his urges to kill, and how it is a disease for him, a voice he cannot silence. They also delve really deeply into the psychology of a sociopath and what makes him tick. The show also has a fantastically dark sense of humor.

I really recommend the show. However do not start with any other season than season 1.
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
I Love the show!

Entering in Dexter's mind is really cool... that serie gives a lot to think!

While their preparing season 4 I'm reading the books, and they are addictive aswell!!

Recommend this series to everybody! Their in my favs right next to LOST.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
Do not read the third book. It will literally ruin the series for you. The 3rd book was pure bullshit. Seriously, not worth the read. If you are reading it now, stop before you get to the end. It actually puts a damper on the previous stuff.
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
I'm reading the second one..

I think it's genious so far.. :bitenails:
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
The second one is awesome. Just don't read the third one. It really is awful something fierce
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
I'm just going to wait for the series to end before I read the books. I heard the books start to take on some sort of supernatural theme after awhile?

I thought it'd be cool if he was on the run for most of the new season, but I don't think they'll discover his secrets until about halfway through.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
Like i said steer clear of the third book and you will be fine. The third book starts to deal in a parapsychology bullshit. Books one and two are awesome.
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Is there only 3 books? I also read there doing a 4th AND 5th season. Does anyone know when season 4 premiers?

Interesting fact for the show. Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb, Dexter's sister) are actually married in real life, and she's also the daughter of famous horror director John Carpenter.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
There are only 3 books, fourth is on the way apparently. Season 4 will be aired next fall.
 
Top