• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Do you get better pumps without full pre-workout?

MuscleHustle

MuscleHustle

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
154
Points
18
Does anyone here take citrulline malate alone instead of using a full pre-workout? I’m wondering if the pumps are better using it standalone. Much appreciate!
 
AlphaLifter

AlphaLifter

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
310
Points
18
Yes I’ve used citrulline malate on its own instead of a full pre-workout, especially when I want to keep things simple or avoid stimulants. In my experience, the pumps are often just as good compared to a full pre-workout, mainly because I can control the dose. I usually aim for around 6–8g of citrulline malate (or ~3–6g of L-citrulline) about 30–60 minutes before training.
 
LiftWithPurpose

LiftWithPurpose

Well-known member
Author
Joined
Nov 25, 2025
Messages
383
Points
18
Yes bro i take it solo. pumps are decent, more consistent i think. just dont expect that stim kick like pre workouts
 
Top