• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Do you set targets?

R

remnant

Banned
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
189
Points
0
I have a certain phobia of setting targets and this can apply to my
exercise regimes. I prefer to work spontaneously since targets put me
under pressure. I am the sort of person who doesn't function well
under pressure. Working freewheel makes you to be motivated as there
are no strings attached and you find out that in fact, you have
exceeded your targets.
 
fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
70
Points
8
I don't set targets in a way that I weigh everything I do, like make notes of the numbers of calories I take every day, or how much exercise I do daily.
I mostly set a week targets, because my daily planner is not the same as an every day.
I also don't feel like working the same intensity if I already had a very difficult and exhausting day before it.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
In whatever we do, it is always good to have a target like a timeframe for the activity or project. Having no set goals will only tolerate one’s lack of discipline and more likely the objective will not be achieved. Especially in losing weight or in building up muscles, you need the exercise or workout regularly. But without a target, it is more likely that your goal will be farther and farther to reach as you go along.
 
fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
70
Points
8
I think because I recently restarted my fitness regime I still don't have it all scheduled in a way that could be called 'a plan', but I do stick to some general normative.
Maybe a planning app would do miracles for me because I lack time to re-program everything and calculate down to all the peculiar details.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
I always set a monthly target but unlike others who set it by weight, I set my monthly target by reps. The good thing about this you just have to count your reps and once you've achieved it then you can be sure that you've lost weight.
 

Similar threads

Top