• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Doing cardio for bulking

P

ptahm22

My brother is going through a bulk and he is in a surplus so to minimize the fat gain he wanted to add some cardio on his rest days. Would adding cardio to a bulk hinder the expected results?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It will burn calories but it's good for his body.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

My brother is going through a bulk and he is in a surplus so to minimize the fat gain he wanted to add some cardio on his rest days. Would adding cardio to a bulk hinder the expected results?

It can. Especially in the legs if you do the typical bike, treadmill, or anything that uses the legs. I would limit it when trying to put on size or better yet eliminate it completely and do super sets of opposing muscle groups or maybe keeping rest between sets to a minimum (depending on the routine you are following) to boost the metabolism. Good luck

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cardio may slim him down in general too. You could instead add squats that are effective in bulking as well as goid calorie burners.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't really know if cardio with help him with bulking, but it's certainly a good complement for overall health. The focus should be on muscle building exercises though.