• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Eating Pork ain't that Bad

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
Pork is high in protein and rich in essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It's best to eat lean pork with the fat trimmed off. Tenderloin and Sirloin are some of the lean cuts which pound for pound is healthier than chicken. Pork is considered the second healthiest meat, buffalo meat being the healthiest.
 
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
397
Points
18
It's true. Pork utterly is the other white meat. Ounce for ounce, pork tenderloin has less fat than a chicken breast. And food scientists are finding methods to make it leaner and leaner each year.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
When you do pork right, it can offer some healthy options- eating lean cuts like tenderloin, loin chops and sirloin roast are some of the better cuts. You should stay away from bacon and other fatty cuts, because they are very high in artery- clogging saturated fat and cholesterol, and not for everyday eating. Baked ham and lunch meat fall somewhere in the middle when it comes to fat and calories.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Some people say that pork is bad for our health and I usually hear that statement from the vegans and those with religion that do not permit the eating of pork. If pork is indeed bad then how come the pork eaters are still thriving? I was surprise to learn that pork is a staple in Norway and in other Scandinavian countries. We have doctors here who say that pork is bad but they couldn't explain the reason for that statement. My take on pork is that you cook it well done and it will be a healthy food.
 
A

aaron

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
23
Points
1
Yeah, pork is just really a misunderstood and underused source of protein.
 
jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
1,956
Points
83
I love pozole
Very tasty
 
Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
1,330
Points
63
I cook a whole pork tenderloin at least every other week. I have an awesome recipe!
 
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
630
Points
18
I personally don't like eating meat but pork is an exception for me when it comes to meat.

I love my pork meat grilled.
 
C

Concentrix

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
69
Points
8
Eating pork is not bad. But eating too much pork is bad and also bad in losing weight. Worse, if you eat a meat that came from a pig died from illness which is called double dead it will cause diarrhea and food poisoning. So be careful in buying pork meat in the public meat. Determine the healthy ones from the double dead.
 
P

pamz21

Active member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
34
Points
6
very interesting topic about pork, i kind of understand the pork like bacon would be
clogging saturated fat and cholesterol.
but I didn't know that p
ork tenderloin have less fat than a chicken breast, this gave me a whole new ideas about pork.
and see the good thing that it could offer.
​
​
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
0
Views
6
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
CoachCelestine
Replies
0
Views
1
CoachCelestine
CoachCelestine
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
101
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Top