• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

eating raw

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like it can work for like a runner but how about for bodybuilders, maybe some1 has more info on that. looks like this raw eaters eat fruit,vegatable,seeds, some like that. i think there isn´t enugh protein in the diet. not gonna do this diet anytime but was wondering if anybody does this type of diet for bodybuilding????

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i know a bodybuilder thats a vegan, im not quite sure how he does it but he looks quite good for not eating meat or any bi-product of meat as well.. its crazy.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did it after reading alot about vegetable juicing. i added protein shakes to the mix. long story short you lean out really nice but it just doesnt work well to add bulk. It has something to do with how cleansed the body satys eating j fruit and vegetable juices. u just dont grow the same when u eat like that compared to having a clean diet w beef and eggs and other things.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If we're talking vegan, this allows lactose or dairy products. Common dairy products, such as milk, cheeses, etc have relatively high protein with lower GI/GL carbs. Dairy with the addition of eggs/egg whites can provide high amounts of necessary macro nutrients, as well.

However, the quantity of this is lower, and much more difficult than the average lean meat. So bulking, this wouldn't be the best idea. Protein synthesis could be a big delayed or non-accurant or even not as powerful. Cutting, this would be difficult still, protein intake should be relatively higher just to maintain muscle mass through chances of catabolism.

Depending on goals, the looks of it doesn't seem to be very beneficial to the bodybuilding world. But everyone's different. Just my thoughts on the topic.