• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
just saw the vids man!

strong bench! you did great mate!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Quick meet report, will go into more detail later.

Weighed in at 89.6kg, cutting too much weight methinks.

Went 190/210/x220 in the squats, 135/145/x160 bench and 220/240/x260 deadlift but bombed every 3rd attempt finishing with a 595 total and 380.6 wilks.

Won my weight division by 30kgs out of 6 lifters and actually made the 3rd highest wilks but the top 2 were 403 and 482 respectively.

Conclusion: if I'd been more conservative with my 3rd attempts I might have done a lot better but in the end it was a good result for my first comp and a great learning experience. I'm definitely looking forward to my next one and will hopefully get my nutrition in check to make some lean gains back up to around 91-92kg as I believe I cut a bit too much weight for my own good.

Will have a vid up soon when I get the squat attempts off my bro-in-law.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good first meet bro!
Waiting for the vids :D

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats big man, that is a big total!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I should mention that the overall included equipped lifters... :tongue:

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Good job man! congratulations!
Don't worry about your numbers, they were good enough to win the thing and now you've got something oficial to beat in your next comp ;)

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats man, you did an awsome job!

like storm said, you've set the bar now. you'll crush those numbers in the next comp! ;)

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice one benno. we're the same weight cept u squat 30kg more lolol

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
You destroyed what I could do at that bodyweight :2: Must feel good to take first in your group at your first competition.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Where do you find an up to date list of meets this year? The list on the UQPWC site is from 2010.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Q: your ipf-approved knee sleeves. What brand? Somewhere online?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You destroyed what I could do at that bodyweight :2: Must feel good to take first in your group at your first competition.

Yeah I was pretty stoked with that, and even happier to discover I would have taken third if I'd attended the Nationals which were held in Melbourne on the same day. Though I would have got no higher. First and second are in a different league. They posted 690 and 685 totals respectively.

Where do you find an up to date list of meets this year? The list on the UQPWC site is from 2010.

Check www.powerliftingaustralia.com.

Q: your ipf-approved knee sleeves. What brand? Somewhere online?

Tommy Konos. I got them from an Aussie website but I'm sure you'll be able to find them in the US easily.

I think any neoprene sleeve no more than 30cm in length is legal but you'd best check on that.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Sorry for the lack of updates peeps.

New post comp plan...

I'm reverting back to full 5/3/1 running Mon-Fri Deads/Bench/Rest/Squats/Hang Clean and Press. I am also converting to sumo stance for my deads for a few months to see what comes of it. My conventional stance needs some work as my leg drive has gone to ****, I'm not starting deep enough and my lower back is doing all the work.

Deadlifting Monday...

I've decided to switch to sumo deads for assorted reasons so yesterday practiced form and worked some heavy singles.

Sumo Deadlifts
5 x 100kg
3 x 140kg
3 x 160kg
1 x 180kg
1 x 200kg
2 x 1 x 220kg
There's lots of work to be done with form but hopefully the new stance will fix some niggling problems and eventually help me surpass my current max.

2 x 1 x 220kg Sumo Deadlift

Bent Rows
10 x 60kg
10 x 80kg
3 x 10 x 100kg
20 x 100kg (w/straps)
20 repping that **** was murder.

Inverted WG Rows

3 x 15 x bw

Then rolled, had epic lat pump all day today. Something must have worked.

Bench work Tuesday...

Bench Press

Worked up to 10 x 100kg. Had to use a false grip as I'm having a lot of problems with my left thumb after the comp. I can grip fine but it can't take any pressure into the joint so handling goods at work is becoming difficult and it can't take the weight of the bar in my hand.

Dips
15 x bw
15 x 15kg
3 x 12 x 15kg
-ss-
Pullups
Lots

Plate Lateral Raises
2 x 15 x 10kg
12 x 10kg
-ss-
Pullups
Some.
It seems as though I'm lacking in shoulder endurance and strength as I have recollections of handling 20kg+ for my lateral raises in the not to distant past.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like a good plan, but get your ass way more down on the sumo's and pull with the legs instead of the back, now it looks like your just doing a wide leg conv deadlift. drive your buns down, pull on the bar, straighten your body and pull with the legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQSTf-zS-zE

Vid I included is the best powerlifter currently in the netherlands, competes in the -92 or -105 kg categort, short stocky dude with some real impressive lifts for IPF standards, 340 squat, 245kg bench en 320 deadlift( sumo)

See hoe upright is torso is, and how at the top he only needs to lock his legs into position.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some solid sumo pulls there buddy. never actually tried it myself with a decent amount of weight, but i'll see if it helps you with your progress then i'll give em a try ;)

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Rolled with some zercher squats yesterday due to my ****ed thumb inhibiting back squats.

Zercher Squats
10 x 60kg
5 x 100kg
5 x 120kg
5 x 130kg
5 x 140kg
5 x 150kg
The final set was quite rough. I could barely breath in the last 3 reps.

Then worked on some more sumo stance deads
Deadlifts
3 x 5 x 100kg
I think I've got my form right. Now just need to get stronger at the movement.