• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Birthday deadlifts? Does that mean you trained nude? Pics? :ughfingers:

Seriously though, Happy B'Day and good to see I'm not the only one that trains heavy on their B'Day.

Dude I hit the gym on my wedding day, and twice on my honeymoon in Thailand. :headbang:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude I hit the gym on my wedding day, and twice on my honeymoon in Thailand. :headbang:

I did a couple of sets of bench and shoulder presses on my wedding day. But that was just because the weights were there, not real training. I don't know if the gym on the cruise will be decent enough to be bothered training.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
solid pulling bro:2: ye, going close to or to failure on deads is something i try to avoid. happy birthday btw, hope u have a good one, and that the hangover isnt too severe!;P

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great birthday session big boi :2:

haven't seen anybody doing good mornings in a long time :)

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice pulls! Make sure you'll have a nice hangover the next day lol.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
5/3/1 Bench Press (finally)
5 x 110kg
3 x 120kg
4 x 135kg
Again I think I might have had another one in me but I was without a spotter and I can guarantee the form would have been awful and my shoulders would have suffered.

CG Bench Press
10 x 90kg
7 x 90kg
5 x 90kg
8 x 80kg
6 x 80kg
Failed on the 7th rep of the last set and had to dropped it on my chest and change to a bench grip. :bitelip:

Pullups
51 reps, mixed grips. I got out 14 on my first set with a wide OH grip, I'm back on my way to a new PR!

Had to bail after that because the gym was unexpectedly closing. Stupid holiday hours. Did some shoulder complexes, jump rope and weighted step ups when I got home.

I'm trying to workout a good cardio/GPP combo for my back yard. So far on the list I have:
*Jump squats (up a slope)
*Weighted step-ups
*Boxing
*Turkish getups with boxing bag
*Lunge walks with boxing bag
*...and as soon as I find a bike pump I've got a motherfucker of a hill to ride up!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Add in some farmers walks, skipping, and explosive work. Try some clapping pushups, chinups, and some box jumps or bounding.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Add in some farmers walks, skipping, and explosive work. Try some clapping pushups, chinups, and some box jumps or bounding.

I'm already skipping but can't do farmers walks due to lack of heavy stuff. All other suggestions are good though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm only using 30-45kg DBs for farmers walks. Just gotta up the thickness of the handle. Towel or fatgrips or a lump of foam or something would make that happen.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
solid pressing there mate. and it looks like you have some nice cardio alternatives there too.

X

Xiva

Banned
"Failed on the 7th rep of the last set and had to dropped it on my chest and change to a bench grip"

That's just awesome champ! :)

Nice pressing anyway

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't have DBs at home :(

Get some poly wheat/sand bags. They are at most outdoor supply stores, manure often comes in them. THe woven bag, you'll need at least a double layer. One of those in each hand will kill your grip (and the skin on your hands) and give you something to carry.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Get some poly wheat/sand bags. They are at most outdoor supply stores, manure often comes in them. THe woven bag, you'll need at least a double layer. One of those in each hand will kill your grip (and the skin on your hands) and give you something to carry.

The only problem here is that it involves spending money and I'm as broke as Adam's brain. :(

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'd just take some from work, we use them as sample bags.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I discovered how much my Father-in-law's homemade mooring anchor weighed yesterday. It has a handle so I might end up using that, although there is only on of them.

Another idea I've had is trailer pulling. My parents have a trailer and a good slope in their back yard. I might just fill it up with wood and start pulling.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^To love others you must first love thyself.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^To love others you must first love thyself.

And you really love a lot of other people, so.......

Trailer sounds like a great idea, just be sure you know when it digs in.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Deload week...

5/3/1 Squat
5 x 65kg
5 x 80kg
5 x 95kg
For some stupid reason I decided to keep my wife happy and played 2 matches of doubles tennis with her and and the in-laws before going to the gym. Bad idea, my thighs were killing me during even the first set.

More Squats
10 x 80kg
10 x 100kg
3 x 10 x 110kg
Started small because my legs were fucked but managed it easy so I added more, and then more. The last set was a killer though.

Hanging Leg Raises
50 reps

Farmers Walk w/ straps
4 x 30m x 60kg
Could not have managed even 5m without the straps. My grip and shoulders were fucked from attempting to wakeboard and hanging on for dear life on a ski-tube on Sunday.

10mins of HIIT on the bike, would have done more but I've have been pretty unpopular with the missus if I'd got home any later.