• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Embarrasingly stupid americans...

weR4221

weR4221

ONE in FIVE Americans believe that sun revolves around the EARTH :ugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo WILL neg you for this.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think that there's loons all over the place (earth)

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people in America dont think for themselves that much. they just let information pass into thier heads without critically analysing it and they take it for fact unless they already know otherwise.
that isnt to say America hasnt got its fair shair of geniuses as well. theres a lot of great people been spawned from the US. first person that popped to mind was Mike Mentzer

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh boy, the source is the Washington Post?

Who am I to argue with such intellectual giants?

:uhoh2:

These kinds of articles have to be taken with a grain of salt. Conclusions are sometimes dubious and lots of assumptions are made.

EXAMPLE: "General knowledge is eroding."

- How are you going to support a statement like this? Could they have said anything more vague? If anything, the amount of knowledge people deal with on a day to day basis is increasing. A recent study I came across indicated that the average American will be exposed to more information in a day than most people did in their entire lives then they did not too long ago. If you like, I can even go find the source for this. (I just don't have it in front of me at the moment.)

Another stat that can be interpreted better:
"80% of Americans did not buy or read a book in 2008."

Again, this is supposed to indicate that America is becoming less intelligent. Yesterday, I was actually debating a similar issue with some friends. That is, that the sale of print newspapers is down, and less and less people read them. The flip side to this is there has been a sharp increase of people who get their news from the internet. It's more current and much easier to access for many. Now, I'm not going to make the claim that the internet is an adequate replacement for books, but I certainly wouldn't take a result from a survey and base my conclusions about the intelligence of an entire nation on them.....

So yeah, in sum, I don't believe that Americans are any less intelligent than they were 10 years ago, or 20, or 30.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
you spelled embarrassingly wrong.

🇮🇴

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all americans are dumb, this is nothing new..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all americans are dumb, this is nothing new..

There are just as many dumb Canadians proportionally, I'm willing to bet that if someone did the same interview in downtown Toronto their results would be the same.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:io:

Check and mate:49:

Where's the 'Stupid Algerians' thread? 'Stupid Serbians'? 'Stupid Kenyans'? Slanted and objective-based journalism like this is more a reflection of those who spread it as truth than it is of those who are made to look inferior in the piece itself.

America has oblivious citizens, as does the rest of the world; please wake up to this.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the point is that America has more than its fair share of total idiots.
of course those with intelligence wont need to combat that statement in any way :gaygay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are just as many dumb Canadians proportionally, I'm willing to bet that if someone did the same interview in downtown Toronto their results would be the same.

the "all" part is a joke my good friend.. i know your not all dumb.. but when it comes down to it :weaksuace:

C

crossfirebmf

At least we can spell embarrassingly

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
of course those with intelligence wont need to combat that statement in any way :gaygay:

prove it!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
of course those with intelligence wont need to combat that statement in any way

I disagree. But...... What the hell. You're entitled to your own opinion. I've lived and worked in 3 different countries, and traveled to another half-dozen. What have I learned?

Stupidity heeds no borders.

:tear:

weR4221

weR4221

:io:
Sorry but check the link and then look at the top of the PAGE TITLE AND YOU WILL see that it wasn t MY MISTAKE its the one who typed it first.

weR4221

weR4221

Check and mate:49:

Where's the 'Stupid Algerians' thread? 'Stupid Serbians'? 'Stupid Kenyans'? Slanted and objective-based journalism like this is more a reflection of those who spread it as truth than it is of those who are made to look inferior in the piece itself.

America has oblivious citizens, as does the rest of the world; please wake up to this.
Well you got points BUT if these plp or countries are stupid like you said is because they have NOT what USA PLP HAVE NOW so its kind of normal (even these plp are not that STUPID).the problem is plp who have ALMOST EVERYTHING to be smart and they knew iraq was in ASIA ( if they know) just because of the war

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well you got points BUT if these plp or countries are stupid like you said is because they have NOT what USA PLP HAVE NOW so its kind of normal (even these plp are not that STUPID).the problem is plp who have ALMOST EVERYTHING to be smart and they knew iraq was in ASIA ( if they know) just because of the war

uh... hmm...

Nevermind.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Exactly, the fact of the matter is most humans are dumb. Its a small percentage that takes our species to the new levels we have attained since the beginning of our existence.
We can go to any city, of any country in the world and find dumb people. But I bet while the US has some of the dumbest, we also have some of the smartest.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly, the fact of the matter is most humans are dumb. Its a small percentage that takes our species to the new levels we have attained since the beginning of our existence.
We can go to any city, of any country in the world and find dumb people. But I bet while the US has some of the dumbest, we also have some of the smartest.

thats the point i was trying to get across as well but there are alot of videos out there clearly displaying the stupidity of many