• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fedor-Brock Lesnar UFC Super Match May Be a Reality

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FULL STORY
UFC president Dana White usually gets what he wants. And what he wants right now is to set up what will become the most highly-anticipated match-up in the history of mixed martial arts. According to longtime UFC color commentator Joe Rogan, that just might become a reality.

A guest on today’s “Opie and Anthony” satellite radio show on SiriusXM, Rogan (who is also a stand-up comedian and a ‘friend’ of the show) was asked by fellow comedian Jim Norton when Brock Lesnar will make his return in the Octagon against Shane Carwin.

“It will be on July 3, unless Lesnar fights Fedor,” Rogan responded.
fedor-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor will destroy him

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think the fight will ever become reality ,but i pray for it to happen.As for Fedor destroying Lesnar..not quite so IMO.Sure before predicting anything i would like to see Lesnar performing again after that illness and what level it affected him as if hes still the man he use to be physical wise.Lets just assume he is.Fedor would be a favorite for a many people ,but i think the cap that they had 2 years ago is now much smaller.Rogers fight pretty much showed that Fedor is not the same man he was during Pride era.Shoot me ,i would bet my money on lesnar winning by tko:borat:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor is a million times more skilled... Brock is just a freak of a man and a great wrestler. All he has to do is make one mistake if he gets Fedor down, and Fedor will turn him into a pretzel.

I don't know, I know Fedor has handled some larger opponents, but they were big and slow. Lesnar is big and freakishly fast, plus it's going to be tougher to get an arm bar on his arms.

I'd love to see Brock vs. Carwin first, where I believe Lesnar will win, and then Brock vs. Fedor.

A better fight though probably would be Fedor vs. Anderson Silva if Silva can bulk up and Fedor can cut a bit.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lesnar after the illness he had the weight he lost the time he had off will get smoked by whomever he fights next. i understand the weight will come back and he'll be in training whatever. he wont be the same. what surgery did he have done to heal his intestine problems?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Standing fedor is a better puncher and on the floor its not even close

Lesnar has never fought someone with the skillset of fedor, and fedor isnt small either

Fedor would win in 3 rounds either desicion or submission

Fedor vs Silva....hm...that would be a good matchup

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor is small for a heavyweight...thats what makes him so incredible and number #1 P4P in the world.

This fight won't happen though M1 and Dana are both stubborn and won't budge on their respective terms

V

vdawg

if fedor armbarred hong man choi, he can armbar lesnar

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
just thought id add fedor has been tweeting dana a lot recently and making comments like "lets negotiate again in july" (after lesnar carwin and fedors fight with the dude that beat his brother) and "will make a decision about my future soon that will hopefully please my fans"

Savjav

Savjav

Fedor vs Silva....hm...that would be a good matchup

i dissagree about silva, the old fedor would be a great fight, but he has not fought in over 16 months and his last fight he was a shadow of his former self... if they both fight at 205 which is easily possible i think silva would own him, his stand up is so far ahead of fedors and ground game i would call even..

my 2c :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Savjav

Savjav

lesnar after the illness he had the weight he lost the time he had off will get smoked by whomever he fights next. i understand the weight will come back and he'll be in training whatever. he wont be the same. what surgery did he have done to heal his intestine problems?

true but other fighters have returned from serious injuries, frank mir, tito etc :)

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
true but other fighters have returned from serious injuries, frank mir, tito etc :)

very true. But in mirs case he is a lot more technically sound. Lesnar has great wrestling but he relies on power a lot to be dominant, after his illness i dont see him being able to dominanate Someone his size like shane Carwin.

Savjav

Savjav

very true. But in mirs case he is a lot more technically sound. Lesnar has great wrestling but he relies on power a lot to be dominant, after his illness i dont see him being able to dominanate Someone his size like shane Carwin.

true we will have to wait for july 3rd to find out, i really think this will be his hardest test noone has even come close to matching his power. shanes stand up is alot more sound. wrestling wise they are both very strong but i still give it to brock his athleticism is amazing

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
true we will have to wait for july 3rd to find out, i really think this will be his hardest test noone has even come close to matching his power. shanes stand up is alot more sound. wrestling wise they are both very strong but i still give it to brock his athleticism is amazing

I hope brock tries to bring it to the ground and carwin shows some good wrestling back, i know lesnar has talked a bit of smack about carwins wrestling ability id love to see him eat his own words. Do u expect more then 1-2 rounds when these two meet in july?

back on topic for fedor lesnar to happen we have to see fedor beat his next challenger and lesnar beat carwin and then fedor beat overeem and then fedor jumping to the ufc those are 4 things that are not certanties.

Hypothetically tho lets say lesnar or carwin or even overeem approach fedor like lesnar did to mir in lesnar mir 2 does feder have the size or anything in his arsenal to get out of it?

Savjav

Savjav

I hope brock tries to bring it to the ground and carwin shows some good wrestling back, i know lesnar has talked a bit of smack about carwins wrestling ability id love to see him eat his own words. Do u expect more then 1-2 rounds when these two meet in july??

back on topic for fedor lesnar to happen we have to see fedor beat his next challenger and lesnar beat carwin and then fedor beat overeem and then fedor jumping to the ufc those are 4 things that are not certanties.

Hypothetically tho lets say lesnar or carwin or even overeem approach fedor like lesnar did to mir in lesnar mir 2 does feder have the size or anything in his arsenal to get out of it?

yeah i dont see it going more than 2 rounds, 2 big guys with such power who dont have strong BJJ, its going to be quick, i dont think either of them have the stamina to even go 5 rounds.

yeah its a very big IF and i honestly dont think it will happen in the end

and about the size question, no i really dont think he has the size at all, its really one of his only flaws, for his weight he really does not carry alot of size at all and i think he would have a real problem, he does not have the safety of the ropes and even the most technically sound fighters still struggle against the cage