• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fedor signs with Strikeforce

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unable to come to terms with the UFC, Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko has signed a multi-fight agreement with Strikeforce.

The mixed martial arts star will make his debut for the organization in the fall.

The deal calls for co-promotions between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, Emelianenko's management company. That was a sticking point with the UFC, which refused to hand over a piece of its promotion to the Russian's camp.

"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," the 33-year-old Emelianenko said in a statement Monday.

Emelianenko (30-1 with one no contest) was slated to fight last Saturday in Anaheim, Calif. But the Affliction show collapsed after his opponent, Josh (The Babyfaced Assassin) Barnett tested positive for steroids. Affliction, a clothing company, subsequently pulled the plug on its fight promotion business.

:rofl3:

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is disappointing

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly the UFC HW division isn't that stacked anyways besides Brock who else do you really wanna see Fedor fight?....there are some fairly good fights for him in strikeforce like Alister and the up and coming Brett Rogers. Plus we might get to see him and Barnett still...

Don't get me wrong I wanna see Fedor de-rail Lesnar and fight in the cage but it's not like there is that much more competition in the UFC than strikeforce or over seas in the Heavyweight division

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Current top 10 is split 50/50 UFC and Strikeforce (Barnett is up in the air)

1. Fedor Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC)
It almost seems like ages ago that Emelianenko was facing criticism over his level of competition. Affliction’s “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 will mark Emelianenko’s third straight bout against a former UFC champion, as he takes on Josh Barnett in their long-awaited heavyweight clash.

2. Josh Barnett (24-5)
The Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted. Barnett will finally take on Fedor Emelianenko on Aug. 1 at Affliction “Trilogy” in yet another marquee heavyweight showdown for MMA in the coming months.

3. Brock Lesnar (4-1)
In just five fights, Lesnar now owns the full UFC heavyweight crown and sports stoppages over the likes of Frank Mir and Randy Couture. However, despite his overwhelming performance against Mir at UFC 100, Lesnar's post-fight pro-wrestling theatrics seem to have overshadowed his victory.

4. Frank Mir (12-4)
Mir was in his best shape in years for his rematch with Brock Lesnar at UFC 100. It wasn't enough, though, for him to duplicate his first-round submission win from February 2008, as Lesnar brutally pounded Mir out in the second stanza.

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1, 1 NC)
Whether it will wind up being the fight for which fans had long hoped remains to be seen, but two of the sport’s most enduring icons will square off at UFC 102 in August when Nogueira finally meets up with Randy Couture.

6. Randy Couture (16-9)
His bout with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is long overdue. Hopefully, when “The Natural” and “Minotauro” square off at UFC 102 in August, the clash of heavyweight legends will not prove past its expiration date.

7. Brett Rogers (10-0)
After his blistering 22-second knockout of Andrei Arlovski, Rogers was expected to be fast-tracked to a Strikeforce title shot against champion Alistair Overeem. Instead, the unbeaten prospect will continue honing his craft on Strikeforce's October offering against a yet-to-be-named opponent.

8. Andrei Arlovski (15-7)
Despite having knocked off the likes of Fabricio Werdum, Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson in the recent past, those accomplishments now seem like distant memories for Arlovski. “The Pitbull” has been brutally smashed in his last two outings against Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, and conversation now centers on the fragile chin that has betrayed him again.

9. Shane Carwin (11-0)
Carwin will be back in action at UFC 104 on Oct. 24. If all goes according to plan, he'll find opposition in fellow unbeaten heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez in a bout rich with risk and reward for both fighters.

10. Alistair Overeem (29-11, 1 NC)
In the first defense of his Strikeforce heavyweight title, Alistair Overeem will get a chance for revenge on Aug. 15. He will stake his mantle against UFC and Pride veteran Fabricio Werdum, who submitted the high-flying Dutchman back in May 2006.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," the 33-year-old Emelianenko said in a statement Monday.
s6566e-1.gif

P

Pain

VIP
I don't follow the world of UFC much, but I just know from watching years of wrestling that Fedor would just get used for all the wrong reasons in UFC.

Big talents in mainstream companies always get used as cash cows.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't follow the world of UFC much, but I just know from watching years of wrestling that Fedor would just get used for all the wrong reasons in UFC.

Big talents in mainstream companies always get used as cash cows.

Look at Brock Lesnar...he got into the UFC after only 1 MMA fight. Reason cause he's a cash cow!