• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Few popular boxers nowadays

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Have you noticed that boxing is slowly losing its luster? After the boring fight of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, it seems that boxing’s popularity is sinking. And if boxing promoters don’t cultivate the popularity of good boxers now then they might become obsolete. In my list, the following can be the superstars – Gennady Golovkin, the current middleweight champion who is undefeated, Terrence Crawford, another undefeated in the light welterweight division, the Mexican hero Saul Canelo Alvarez and Mikey Garcia, another Mexican boxer. Don’t forget that Pacquiao is already aging fast and on the way down so new faces have to be developed.
 
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 1, 2016
Messages
515
Points
18
The thing is that there are more and more sports appearing these days, and that dilutes the audiences from the other sports that had a bigger base fan, like boxing I believe.
 
johnjohn

johnjohn

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2017
Messages
481
Points
18
I really love boxing but it seems it's lost it's luster. There doesn't seem to be any stand out guys anymore. I believe ufc also contributed to boxings down fall
 
P

Pharmacom

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
420
Points
18
Agree with u my fried. Now we have a lot of kinds of sport. And a lot of kinds of fight that more interesting that boxing
The thing is that there are more and more sports appearing these days, and that dilutes the audiences from the other sports that had a bigger base fan, like boxing I believe.
 
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 1, 2016
Messages
515
Points
18
Agree with u my fried. Now we have a lot of kinds of sport. And a lot of kinds of fight that more interesting that boxing
The thing is that there are more and more sports appearing these days, and that dilutes the audiences from the other sports that had a bigger base fan, like boxing I believe.

Pretty much. The new generations like a sport with more action, and boxing seems to be more and more something of the past.
 

Similar threads

Top