• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Finger Length and Testosterone Levels

MetalMX

MetalMX

Finger length 'key to aggression'

Finger length is linked to testosterone exposure in the womb
The length of a man's fingers can reveal how physically aggressive he is, Canadian scientists have said.
The shorter the index finger is compared to the ring finger, the more boisterous he will be, University of Alberta researchers said.

But the same was not true for verbal aggression or hostile behaviours, they told the journal Biological Psychology after studying 300 people's fingers.

The trend is thought to be linked to testosterone exposure in the womb.

Hand hints

It has been known for some time that there is a direct correlation between finger lengths and the amount of the male sex hormone testosterone that a baby is exposed to in the womb.

In women, the two fingers are usually almost equal in length, as measured from the crease nearest the palm to the fingertip. In men, the ring finger tends to be much longer than the index.

Other studies looking at finger length ratio have suggested that, in men, a long ring finger and symmetrical hands are an indication of fertility, and that women are more likely to be fertile if they have a longer index finger.

Finger length can tell you a little bit about where personality comes from
Researcher Dr Peter Hurd
One study found boys with shorter ring fingers tended to be at greatest risk of a heart attack in early adulthood, which was linked to testosterone levels.

In the current study, Dr Peter Hurd and his student Allison Bailey measured the fingers of 300 undergraduates at their university.

Men with the shortest index fingers scored higher on measures of physical aggression than those with longer index fingers, but the study's findings did not apply to women.

Dr Hurd is now looking at male hockey players to see whether there is any correlation between finger lengths and each player's penalty record for contact and fouling during matches.

Window to the soul?

He has also been looking at whether men with more feminine finger lengths might be more prone to depression.

He said: "Finger length can tell you a little bit about where personality comes from.

"A large part of our personalities and our traits are determined while we are still in the womb."

But he said finger length should not be used to draw too many conclusions about an individual person.

"For example, you wouldn't want to screen people for certain jobs based on their finger lengths."

I could predict reasonably well who was going to win based on their finger length
Professor John Manning
University of Central Lancashire
Professor John Manning from the University of Central Lancashire's department of psychology, who first realised that sex hormone exposure in the womb influences finger length, agreed.

He said certain individual characteristics correlate better with finger length than others.

"For example, if you had a group of runners and they were about to start a race I could predict reasonably well who was going to win based on their finger length.

"But I would not be able to predict whether someone was neurotic or not."

He said Dr Hurd's findings were logical based on what we know about finger length, testosterone exposure and aggression, but said more research was needed to confirm the findings.

He said another recent study had found women exposed to higher levels of testosterone in the womb, and hence a more 'male' pattern of finger length, displayed more frustrated behaviour when answering challenging telephone calls than other women.

MetalMX

MetalMX

My ring finger is shorter than my index :crymeariver:

but... nothing a little juice can't fix :D

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hi 5 for longer ring fingers...

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my ring finger is about a few mm's larger then my index finger..

edit- lol, what would you say about Arnold's hands (check avatar)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe it after seeing the ginormous phalanges on Toney Freeman in real life!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
my ring finger is a good 10mm bigger than my index finger.... is it the greater the distance the higher the test? I have long thumbs too...... does that mean anything?

MetalMX

MetalMX

The bigger the ring finger to the index finger the more testosterone you have and the more you were exposed to in the womb, you lucky bastard :angrydude:.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i got big as fingers. i have extreme agression. i need to pinpoint down where it comes from and how to hault it coz its a problem.. tho i aint cutting my fingers off :uhoh2:

MetalMX

MetalMX

Haha aggression is a good thing, but if your getting angry and ticked off by the slightest thing going wrong that's not good. Use your aggression in a positive way at the gym.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha aggression is a good thing, but if your getting angry and ticked off by the slightest thing going wrong that's not good. Use your aggression in a positive way at the gym.

:2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
My ringfinger is 1/2 cm longer then my index finger :D
Is this good?:ughnoes::e5dunno:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
that just means that you have a really small penis.. :coolguy:

NOOOO!

Gives 1

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
isnt it awesome to find out you naturally have fuckloads of test in your blood :xyxthumbs:

V

vdawg

the nail on my ring finger stars at the same spot where the nail on my index finger ends.

im crazy

MetalMX

MetalMX

No one has shorter ring fingers compared to index fingers?

You guys suck :gtfoslap: