• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

For the hunters.

P

Pain

VIP
I just want to ask, do you guys feel any remorse when you kill a helpless and defenseless deer?

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just want to ask, do you guys feel any remorse when you kill a helpless and defenseless deer?
I kinda do. That's why I didn't put in for an elk hunting tag...but I am going with Eli. :coolguy:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Why should we, it's an animal. It creates a balance, obviously you look at it as life which is cool. But to me and im sure fellow hunters, it is an animal intended to be consumed for food and turned into a trophy of accomplishment by a taxidermist. Deer are not all that defenseless at many times you can shoot them and they will come after you and attack until they die or you shoot them agian. Although many times they will run.

It can take days to weeks in the wood or forest tracking, finding, baiting and shooting a deer. Bears are different because they can run fuck fast. and once a angry bear can touch you, you're dead. These deer are not all defenseless as they are always portryed by hunting experts or sniper hunters to be defenseless well because those are experts whom kill deer for a living.

The average hunter couldn't make that kind of shot. and usually are close to a deer when they kill it, risking being attacked. but I will make you a deal the day a single deer begs for me not to kill it or hell begins to show signed of being human i'll stop and never hunt agian but until then I will becuase it's an animal no remorse felt at all.

Hope that answers your question.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also fact most people don't know deers is hunter keep their population at safe levels, although without regulation hunters are likely to wipe them into extinction. but currently Deer pop in eastern... eastern... EASTERN United states is estimated to be 30 million and this is alwhile over 57,000 of them are killed by hunters every year. Deers are able to breed currently to 75,000 a year minimum.

The Deer is also declared the most dangerous animal in the U.S.A, they not only attack hunters but tree huggers, photographers, hikers, kids at the park everyday.

"In 1900, the passage of the federal Lacey Act, prohibiting interstate traffic in wild game taken in violation of state law, effectively ended market hunting. At the same time, states like Pennsylvania and Virginia established game commissions that restocked deer and prohibited the hunting of does. Before the arrival of settlers, predators like wolves and bears, along with Native American hunters, had kept deer populations in check.

After their nadir in 1900, deer populations began to recover, rising to around 27 million animals today. State game commissions' constituents are chiefly hunters. Since hunters want more deer, these agencies have traditionally managed deer in order to maximize their numbers. This means that until recently, hunters could kill bucks but not does. In some areas, does outnumber bucks 30-to-1.

Deer overpopulation harms natural ecosystems. In high deer density areas, deer browsing prevents the regeneration of forests as deer eat nearly all the tree seedlings, destroy forest understory plants, and reduce overall species richness. Several studies found that deer browsing significantly reduces songbird numbers by destroying their habitats
." (Ronald Bailey, 2001)

Fact

About 1.5 million deer-vehicle collisions happen each year in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Those accidents cause about 150 human deaths and $1.1 billion in property damage annually, according to NHTSA.

Fact

State Farm policy holders were involved in 192,877 deer-related collisions this year versus 182,458 last year. The average property damage cost was $2,800, $300 more than last year, State Farm said.

That is 192,877 times the average fuck $2,800 equaling $540,055,600 dollars.

Fact

Deer have a 80% survival rate of a traffic collision while the human being has the 47% chance of survival based on weather or not the deer has antlers.

So deer are a little more then helpless or defenseless.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

if you feel remorse you wouldnt be able to hunt. so no i dont feel any remorse when i kill a deer.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been a vegetarian for 19 years.:tiphat:
I couldn't resist adding my 2 cents.
For me this is a power thing.
There's no denying the power a gun has,Or a crossbow has.
I like guns and go shooting with friends that target shoot.
But until I can animate the in-animate, I take life very seriously.Life being the ultimate force or power.

I am my own judge, jury and executioner.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But until I can animate the in-animate, I take life very seriously.Life being the ultimate force or power.

....... what? you completely lost me there.... unless the whole thing was just to say you value all life...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^
i think what he meant when he says "until i can animate the in-animate, i take life very seriously" is that unless he has the abilities God has in giving and taking life, he has no right to kill something.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you feel remorse you wouldnt be able to hunt. so no i dont feel any remorse when i kill a deer.

you have no respect for life. it's sickening. you should respect what you killed.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

no pain. that's silly. feeling remorse or at least respecting your kill makes you a pussy. everyone knows that :jerkoff1:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

not everyone feels the same, i do respect your opinion tho and your view on life :xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ok gotcha, thanks duality... on that note..Sometimes life has to be taken to save more lives or other lives.. such as forestation, and flora that other animals use for habitat. If hunters stopped hunting deer for one year since the deer pop is estimated to be a MINIMUM of 25 million. that it could multiply a minimum of 1.5, which is a reproduction of more than 10 million more deer. Now at the number currently stand deer are still by standard are over populated. And people are even beginning to domesticate deer for thier low fat meat "Venison" and farm them.

But I can see your personal beliefs and where you are coming from and all that, but us killers do the killing so you don't have to =P

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ok gotcha, thanks duality... on that note..Sometimes life has to be taken to save more lives or other lives.. such as forestation, and flora that other animals use for habitat. If hunters stopped hunting deer for one year since the deer pop is estimated to be a MINIMUM of 25 million. that it could multiply a minimum of 1.5, which is a reproduction of more than 10 million more deer. Now at the number currently stand deer are still by standard are over populated. And people are even beginning to domesticate deer for thier low fat meat "Venison" and farm them.

But I can see your personal beliefs and where you are coming from and all that, but us killers do the killing so you don't have to =P

sigh....yeah you are right there. i'm just irked that someone would view killing a deer from 100 yards away by pulling a trigger as an accomplishment and something to be proud of. i get that's it's something that must be done (especially from the population standpoint) it just pisses me off that someone would enjoy doing it.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you have no fucking respect for life
i hunt,and i think i have alot more respect for life than most of you.
i value life very much, and i value others even more.
i would jump on a grenade knowing that 10+ fathers would make it home to see their children and family, rather than we all die.
i go out into the field thinking of saving lives, why cant i choose to take em? even if its an animal that im gonna eat.

twisted ass minds
:keke: you have no idea duality haha

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hunt,and i think i have alot more respect for life than most of you.
i value life very much, and i value others even more.
i would jump on a grenade knowing that 10+ fathers would make it home to see their children and family, rather than we all die.
i go out into the field thinking of saving lives, why cant i choose to take em? even if its an animal that im gonna eat.

:keke: you have no idea duality haha

dude i don't question AT ALL that you would do that. you're one of the most patriotic people by far on here and i'm more than sure you are an excellent soldier.

but i really don't think you respect the lives of animals the same. you shouldn't feel good or elated that you killed something.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you have no respect for life. it's sickening. you should respect what you killed.

Whoa whoa, I may be remorseless when killing bears and deers but I do have respect for life. Me personally I do not go out and find ANY deer and go OMG a Deer BANG! I hunt only Bucks, I do not kill possible mothers or fawns.

I respect all life, I do. But duality you cannot justly claim to respect more life than me IF you eat meat. becuase as you grind your teeth into the cooked muscle of a creature that once lived and breathed where your respect for what it once was?

Deer are a food source, and as debated not the only food source, but an extremely cheap food source, I don't kill and go HAHA gotcha and leave, I shoot it find it if it is still alive I end it's life quickly and painless as possible.
(if it's still alive, sometimes they collaspe, gagging for life kinda sad to watch) so I'll slit it's throat or shoot it in the head. Then drag it for about a mile or two back to my truck where I drain it and take it home to skin and clean it, cut it up and freeze it.

Now from skindef's point of view I can see his point he doesn't eat meat, I can see he respects life, but you I believe do eat meat and cannot justify us not respecting life.

And just because I respect what I killed doesn't mean im not going to turn it into a trophy. hunting isn't always about find shoot, and take home.

I can wait for days on end, sometimes weeks, shoot the deer, if I mortally wounded it i have to track it for 2-6 hours until I find, if it's still alive I finish it quickly. then I drag it like what i said before and do the work of prepping it for food. then turn that head into a trophy.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude i don't question AT ALL that you would do that. you're one of the most patriotic people by far on here and i'm more than sure you are an excellent soldier.

but i really don't think you respect the lives of animals the same. you shouldn't feel good or elated that you killed something.

i know what you mean. like "oh man i shot a 8 point" type stuff that bothers you. i could understand its disturbing to some.

but some people look at it that way. like in iraq now, you know how many buddies of mine want to get a comfirmed kill. honestly it sounds crazy but thats like the ultimate bragging right in the military. also if you got combat action in the marines/navy its a ribbon, in the army its a badge(airforce its a cock :keke: j/k) you got that any POG will be like "damn hes been shot at before" so it kinda gives you respect. having a comfirmed kill in your record is pretty sweet, sounds sick huh?

but i understand completely, but you dont think about it much. when it does happen.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sigh....yeah you are right there. i'm just irked that someone would view killing a deer from 100 yards away by pulling a trigger as an accomplishment and something to be proud of. i get that's it's something that must be done (especially from the population standpoint) it just pisses me off that someone would enjoy doing it.

I see where you are coming from but when I put my sights on a deer I don't see a human life, i see an animal life if i saw a human life a human being standing there unaware and im going to kill it for no reason I swear to you I could not pull the trigger, emotions would overwhelming me and I couldn't do it. However as a hunter you cannot look at it like a human life it's an animal life, intended to feed me.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i know what you mean. like "oh man i shot a 8 point" type stuff that bothers you. i could understand its disturbing to some.

but some people look at it that way. like in iraq now, you know how many buddies of mine want to get a comfirmed kill. honestly it sounds crazy but thats like the ultimate bragging right in the military. also if you got combat action in the marines/navy its a ribbon, in the army its a badge(airforce its a cock :keke: j/k) you got that any POG will be like "damn hes been shot at before" so it kinda gives you respect. having a comfirmed kill in your record is pretty sweet, sounds sick huh?

but i understand completely, but you dont think about it much. when it does happen.

it's all about desensitizaion. i've never been around killing like that. you might find this highly hypocritical of me, but i would feel far more sorry for the dear i just shot than the iraqi screaming at me yelling "death to america". i don't have a problem killing something that wishes harm upon me. it's just that the animal is so helpless and to itself, that's what gets at me. and quite honestly i find that part of the world (middle east) to be one of the main causes for all the fighting going on in the world. i fully understand that when you take one of them out, you don't feel that much.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's all about desensitizaion. i've never been around killing like that. you might find this highly hypocritical of me, but i would feel far more sorry for the dear i just shot than the iraqi screaming at me yelling "death to america". i don't have a problem killing something that wishes harm upon me. it's just that the animal is so helpless and to itself, that's what gets at me. and quite honestly i find that part of the world (middle east) to be one of the main causes for all the fighting going on in the world. i fully understand that when you take one of them out, you don't feel that much.

your not being a hypocrite, you make perfect sense.

a "bad guy" as we call em, can harm us.

a deer cant.