• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fox Cancels Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

P

Pain

VIP
Yeah i was wrong in saying they had bad taste because anyone and everyone is differen't and have different opinions but you stated me saying masterpeice, downfall was and refering to this
I definitly would of put it in this catergory of enjoyable films so for what your deriving your information from me saying true lies is a masterpeice is unknown to me and you clearly are the twat because They are bothe good movies. That was the point i was giving clearly, you need to repolish your english because I still think you have a hard understanding of what twat means or enjoyable film means for that matter. If you think true lies or commando or downfall isn't close to enjoyable then 1. you don't have a sense of humor, 2. You are a hater for action and drama.:doh:

The argument wasn't that the movies you mentioned were bad because they aren't. The grief you received was your own fault by saying everyone else had bad taste. By saying that you set yourself up to be someone of magnificent taste and knowledge in movies.

btw, Downfall isn't the movie we have a problem with. Saying True Lies and Commando are movies of someone with exceptional taste in film is laughable.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The argument wasn't that the movies you mentioned were bad because they aren't. The grief you received was your own fault by saying everyone else had bad taste. By saying that you set yourself up to be someone of magnificent taste and knowledge in movies.

btw, Downfall isn't the movie we have a problem with. Saying True Lies and Commando are movies of someone with exceptional taste in film is laughable.

I don't have exceptional taste So maybe i will stay biased. and i think those 3 movies i listed is what 'everyone' would enjoy as for having a high rating it speaks for it self.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't care if you don't like Family Guy, I feel sorry for you folks. You are missing out on a lot of laughs =)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then why did you say everyone else had bad taste in movies?

I was impulsive and didn't think straight at the time. Yeah i guess it sounds pretty arguementitive np.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i really don't understand how you're overlooking this. YOU initially said something along the lines of "i'm not alone in my view of family guy", to which i responded, in an effort to show how that ISN'T an arguement, that there are far more that would agree with me than would with you.
I hate to break it to you but implying that my sense of humor is askew because I don't like it immediately pins my taste against your own with, of course, your own representing a barometer of quality. I didn't use the "I'm not alone" point as an argument, it was a statement in response to you dismissively labeling my own taste.
Duality said:
i was using this to show how what you said wasn't a point at all, not as ammunition for my arguement. you're right, it's not a valid claim, it's a bandwagon fallacy. the only reason i used it was to point out that what you said wasn't valid. it was an example more or less.
As was my own. I just beat you to the punch because mine was in response to something you said initially.
Duality said:
now this, this is agitating. just what in God's good name joe, besides film, have you "outclassed" myself in?
I'd venture to say that, aside from the athlete argument, we haven't really talked about much outside issues involving entertainment. More to come.
Duality said:
seriously. you are very intelligent, but your superiority complex is really your downfall. i'm sorry did you think you just completely owned me in the athlete debate? i want a real reply here. you think you honestly "outclassed" myself in our discussion about athletics? i am in no way saying i was the winner of the debate, it was a good discussion, but if you think that it was a shooting gallery from your side than you have a poor perception of reality. i do think however you made many a worthwhile point, as did myself.
I don't really have a superiority complex, and I pick my battles carefully for this very reason; I don't talk about subjects I'm not knowledgeable on. As for the athlete debate, it was clear from the beginning that your criteria was radically different than mine and though I don't want to reopen the argument, I still find your position too dismissive. I repeated myself ad nauseum that there's no way to measure who is the most "athletic" person or type of athlete in the world, because of how vastly different their particular set of skills are and it's ignorant to applaud attributes like an athletes VO2max and the like yet eschew things like how neurologically complex a particular athletic movement is (there are tons of examples but this seems relevant). Because of this, I find it paramount to emphasize cultural impact both in and out of their specific sports world, as these athletes set benchmarks that result in progressivism in athletics, which allows for the evolution of the modern athlete. While football and basketball players may be in "better shape" than golfers or even baseball players, I don't see this as a particularly interesting fact, especially because the question that brings about such a conclusion was an intentionally loaded one on your part. I don't like loaded questions -- when you ask a question with bias, it undermines the argument. The phrase "more athletic" denotes fitness and ability, the phrase "best athlete" denotes accomplishment -- without which we'd have no [cultural and sporting] measuring stick of progression. So, in summary, it was clear we had different standpoints and criteria for what constitutes "better athletes" but I find your side to be of little weight, merit, or importance. Do I think I "outclassed" you in that argument? Not entirely, but, again, the vast majority of our whatever-you-want-to-call-thems have been brought about by you questioning my views on subjects I am much more familiar with than you. When someone builds a reputation of knowledge on a subject, it makes little sense that they subvert their commentary in order to repetitively qualify statements where it's not necessary.
Duality said:
i found it ironic that for the opinionated issues you believe me to have, i find you to have these same issues.
Examples? I can't think of any time I've made a claim and refused to validate it further when asked.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well you have my vote for best debator on MM for 2009.

PWNAGE!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well you have my vote for best debator on MM for 2009.

PWNAGE!

joe, i don't see much merit in responding. you feel the way you do and it's rather clear that's the way it will stay. for as well worded and written as your responses are, they can also be equally as frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator: