• Welcome to MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums

Do you love bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in Bodybuilding, Fitness or building muscle? If so check out and join our bodybuilding forum! Musclemecca bodybuilding forums is one of the oldest and most popular bodybuilding, fitness forums! Some past members of Musclemecca include Phil Heath, Ronnie Coleman, Gregg Valentine and More! We have over a million bodybuilding videos, pictures and articles! We have many helpful bodybuilding enthusiasts to answer questions and give you advice on building muscle! See You In The Bodybuilding Forums!

• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding products. Do not sell any bodybuilding products through musclemecca bodybuilding forums.
    Musclemecca.com has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
BiggestAmigo

Freshman benches 185lbs. 48 times

hook3

strong kid but when you get to college sports its not 185 its 225 and you'll crack your sternum if you bounce it like that of your chest but nonetheless impressive

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
........right.......bet he squats 225 for 100 reps too!.....god.....he isnt even using muscle there.....

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ come on guys, he went all the way up and down, ye he bounced but i dont think there is any doubt he is a strong bencher. in my eyes very impressive.

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe the comments here. Yes, he bounced. However, he did have full range of motion and, more importantly...

HE'S A HIGHSCHOOL FRESHMEN. That's insane at that age.

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, and I think his max bench for 225lbs. is 26 I believe.

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe the comments here. Yes, he bounced. However, he did have full range of motion and, more importantly...

HE'S A HIGHSCHOOL FRESHMEN. That's insane at that age.

Imagine if he knew what he was doing. He's going to hurt himself if thats how he works out. I know from experiance. I did stuff like that in high school, a cracked sternum doesn't feel good.

bb4life

I saw him in sports illustrated. Back then, he could bench 405, but that vid said more.

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
very impressive! But yeah, i see him having massive shoulder issues, or sternum troubles in the future

Scoular

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I am sure he is aware of the risks of injury and knows what the issue is in that respect.

My take on it is that his form is not controlled or examplary. Nontheless an impressive display of strength.

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Theoretical strength taken into consideration, he had zero negative on those reps. It was likely his coach filming him, and he's going to wreck this kid. Legs flailing, absolutely no base, relying on a serious bounce to complete every repitition....'consideration' is completely absent from this equation.
Just because you feel you may be able to do something doesn't necessarily mean you should.
This video has shown that the kid has no idea on how to train for anything but an injury, and he's sorrounded by people as clueless as he is.

Plus, that Arkansas drawl count on the reps was getting to me. I was waiting to hear dueling banjos:uhoh2:

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he didn't bounce it off his fat chest he'd probably only get i'd say 12-16reps with that 185
that's just sad.

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i wonder how his chest feels after all that bouncing from the bar :keke:
i'll give him credit for the amount of reps he did, but the form was shocking :49: