• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fruit and Veg for Fatloss

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
everythings been covered. Sounds like your a bit fussy though.

Cabbages, Brocollis, cauliflower, Snow peas, tomatoes, Lettuces, Capsicums, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Spinach find which ones of these you like and fill up on them. If your not a salady person cook up spinach, cabbage, broccoli and green beans put a bit of soy sauce with them reduced sodium if you have to and feast. BAM

Edit:

Squash and Zuchini are pretty much the bomb as well. If you havent had them go get yourself some.

p.s Mashed cauliflower is the buisiness. Just like mashed potatoe only far less calories

yes.. i`m VERY fussy and if your refering to my choice of veg.. i dont have enough money to buy my own veg and to tell my parents to buy the veg... well you know how it is trying to explain certain nutritional things
to the average person, doesnt know but wont listen

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ A lot?? You haven't got any greens, very little fibre and usually you aim for more vegetables than fruits. Just saying.

Also it would be worth having a read of the article I posted on Acidic diets. Points out how there are only really a few vegetables/foods that can balance out eating proteins and the like.

Tim wins the door prize! LOL no seriously though he is correct. With the protein you take in you should be eating a lot of dark green leafy mineral dense vegetables. Kale, spinach, endive, also beets and beet leaves are excellent source of minerals, iron especially. Calcium is very important also. You NEED these leafy greens, BAD! Calcium is the most commonly used mineral in the body to balance blood PH, and if you do not get it from you diet your body will get it from your bones, and effect their integrity.

Please note that if you decide to cook the vegetables do not boil them forever. I would try avoid letting the water boil. Put them in warm water and cover them for 10 minutes or so they will soften to a palatable degree, and then give them a bath in ice water and dry. You will keep a large majority of nutrition this way as opposed to boiling them to the point the vegetable changes to a lighter color.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thx!

I usually just cook my rice and veg in the same saucepan with just enough water. Then once the rice has absorbed all the water i eat it. Rice and veg remaining together at all times.
Is that ok?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
add the vegetables when the rice is nearly done cooking so u just steam them a little as opposed to cooking the color out of them.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Roger that.. thanks a lot!

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok i have decided the veg i can stomach or that i will eat for summer are peppers (all colours), tomtatos and runnerbeans...

If i`m not mistaken in kevin levrones last video he has it in EVERY meal. are they good?

Cooking them:
Currently i`m cooking my peppers by frying them for a bit (maybe 2-3 mins?) and throwing some spices on them. They dont decolourise. Nothing wrong with this method right?
The runner beans... if i boil them + throw a bit of olive oil and some garlic they are delicious... now obviously boiling them isnt good, what is a better way to cook them? (fry?)

------

Recently i saw someones comment (tim?) about how oats and pasta are nutritionless or something. What about rice cakes?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Recently i saw someones comment (tim?) about how oats and pasta are nutritionless or something. What about rice cakes?

Please read the post again carefully. I was saying that if you are only taking in these as your primary nutrition/carb sources then you will not be getting enough vitamins and minerals. Cereals and their products (pasta, etc) are not particularly high in nutrition, you need things like leafy greens, tubers, and fruits to compliment this. Rice is even lower on the scale. In asian cultures, rice is usually eaten with leafy greens to make up for the lack of nutrition in rice.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes eating fruits and veggies can help in loss of weight. But you strickly need to stop eating fast foods and the weight loss won't be fast.you can eat healthy while doing exercises on a daily basis to loose weight fast.

L

lokielovesbunny

I would suggest you to go with both, since both are the great present for us, by this existence anything that has given by the earth directly to us, and if you are consuming them raw, trust me nothing will be imperfect in your life as the life and its all sources are so perfect that we can't even imagine, make your body and mind light, in-fact it can flash out all the toxic from your body.

A

Athanas

Generally speaking, fruits play a vital role in weight loss and general health benefits.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this topic is for the vegetarian because the vegans enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. But for me I would want some protein in my food that at least every other day we have meat on the table. Eating pure vegetables is good sometimes because it is a good detox agent. But then again, eggs and meat are the food that can give me strength especially when I have a lot of physical activities in the day.