• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Giving Blood

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Being blood type O- (universal donor) I've begun thinking that I'd like to start giving blood.

Does anyone know of anyway I could work this around my training so that I don't stuff myself too much?
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Just leave it for the weekend or on a rest day.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
I am a blood donnor and i've been told to NOT train ("lift anything heavy") 24hrs after donating. So I ussually go before my rest day (a couple of hrs after training) or friday. 0 problems until now. Just be sure to keep yourself hydrated (they'll tell you that anyway) and eat something right after you finish (eating before isn't good because blood levels of everything get messed up and it isn't good for donating).

It doesn't hurt and it takes 10 minutes, everyone should do it IMO.
 
Last edited:
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks guys, I was under the impression I'd be out for a couple days or something. Good to know its that quick.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
congratulations at least something that you are useful for lol

jk, yea they say dont eat before but after they recommend. in germany they give you cupons for mc donalds and some orange juice
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
congratulations at least something that you are useful for lol

jk, yea they say dont eat before but after they recommend. in germany they give you cupons for mc donalds and some orange juice

don't you mean snitzels and pritzels and beer?
 
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
4,816
Points
38
Training should not be your concern, that super aids you have, surely should.
 
Top