• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Glutamine yes or no?

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive been reading a lot of different views on glutamine. But what do you guys think. Does it have enough benefids to use it..?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take it...seems to help my body with recovery so i continue to take it.

if it works dont fix it right :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you can find it on offer then why not. I wouldn't pay full price for it because I don't think the benefits outweigh the cost. That said - I'm using it at the mo. It's the most abundant amino acid in the body, it can't hurt to supplement with it.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not worth it unless you can get it at a Costco or Sams club or somewhere very cheap.

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel that the introduction of outside sources of glutamine can impare the bodies own production.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends if your at maximum growth hormone output or not. I say hell yes take it, it is way more powerful in terms of raising growth hormore levels per G than arginine and orthenine combined. 2-5 G of glutemine w 200-400mg of niacin can result in up to a 40- 50% increase in GH levels in the body.

Take it it has lots of benefits, its a cell volumizer, it prevents muscle wasting it supports the immune system and the stomach aswell.

Taking 2-5 g of glutemine w 200-400mg of niacin one hour before a carbohydrate protein 0 fat meal can have a great effect on building muscle. Bc 2 hours after taking the supplements and one hour after eating GH and insulin leves will be at their highest, as a bodybuilder you know that means that ANABOLIC! GH and insulin counter act one another. Insulin stores fat into cells and GH signals fat cells to be used as energy in the body amoung other things.

I have been doing lots of reading on GH and insulin levels bc i have been reading alot about anti aging and obesity. All information and clinical studies done by doctors.

Yes its worth it but use it correctly to see benefits, and you should get the same results as the test subjects who did range in age from 20 up to 66 years old, all who who showed raised levels of GH from 40-50% (when combined w niacin it works better) Some subjects did not respond as well. Those that did not respond well all had higher bodyfat levels than what was healthy for their height weight ratio.

NOTE: The Lower your bodyfat the better your body will respond to its own growth hormone, fat inhibits GH.

God Bless
Ben

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends if your at maximum growth hormone output or not. I say hell yes take it, it is way more powerful in terms of raising growth hormore levels per G than arginine and orthenine combined. 2-5 G of glutemine w 200-400mg of niacin can result in up to a 40- 50% increase in GH levels in the body.

Take it it has lots of benefits, its a cell volumizer, it prevents muscle wasting it supports the immune system and the stomach aswell.

Taking 2-5 g of glutemine w 200-400mg of niacin one hour before a carbohydrate protein 0 fat meal can have a great effect on building muscle. Bc 2 hours after taking the supplements and one hour after eating GH and insulin leves will be at their highest, as a bodybuilder you know that means that ANABOLIC! GH and insulin counter act one another. Insulin stores fat into cells and GH signals fat cells to be used as energy in the body amoung other things.

I have been doing lots of reading on GH and insulin levels bc i have been reading alot about anti aging and obesity. All information and clinical studies done by doctors.

Yes its worth it but use it correctly to see benefits, and you should get the same results as the test subjects who did range in age from 20 up to 66 years old, all who who showed raised levels of GH from 40-50% (when combined w niacin it works better) Some subjects did not respond as well. Those that did not respond well all had higher bodyfat levels than what was healthy for their height weight ratio.

NOTE: The Lower your bodyfat the better your body will respond to its own growth hormone, fat inhibits GH.

God Bless
Ben

Very informative post Ben! Well worth the read!:2:

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the reply's guys. Again some mixed awnsers but Bigben made a very informative post indeed.

Joeb23

Joeb23

God Bless
Ben

Great post Ben, but one quick ?, does this mean that u are supposed to workout right after u take the glutemine and niacin? let me repharse that are u supposed to workout when you are most anabolic ? sorry for the mumbling could not word it right :keke:

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great post Ben, but one quick ?, does this mean that u are supposed to workout right after u take the glutemine and niacin? let me repharse that are u supposed to workout when you are most anabolic ? sorry for the mumbling could not word it right :keke:

Sorry, this question was not directed towards me but i'd still like to mention that if your not anabolic you catobolic... certainly not what you want, try to maximize anabolic potential all you can for greater results.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Joeb23

Joeb23

Sorry, this question was not directed towards me but i'd still like to mention that if your not anabolic you catobolic... certainly not what you want, try to maximize anabolic potential all you can for greater results.

so does this mean i take glutemine before i workout or after?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd take 5g after workout because your body will be in a catabolic state. I also take 5g before bed for the GH/recovery effects.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so does this mean i take glutemine before i workout or after?

Depends when you want everything to peak. IThe niacin and Glutemine will peak GH 2 hours after taking them. Insulin will peak 1 hour ater eating. SO what i would do is 2 hours preworkout take the niacin and glutemine. One hour proir to workout eat a meal to spike insulin levels w a little bit more protein than usual mabye 10 G more. Then go work out and sometime during the workout you should notice the elevated levels of the 2 hormones.

Note about niacin, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT play with the dosages of niacin bc what it does is opens up all of your cappillaries and the blood goes from where it is suppose to be in the body, rgans heart, lung ect, to the limbs and skin bc of the capillaries being open. so dont play wuth that supplement to much.

Also remeber fat inhibits GH so if you try this your results will depend on BF levels ect ect.

Just another note you have to realize that all of this is happening on a natural level, so you can get results better than what your getting now but remember its all natural so exspect natural results.

God Bless
Ben

Joeb23

Joeb23

Ben, One more final ? about glutamine. I am bulking now and am planning on taking glutamine so what would you reccomend about dosage wise. If you can give me times per day, what times would be most beneficial to take, and how much per serving. Sorry for all the ?'s but I want to make sure not only do I get this right but that my body will feel the full affects from it. Thanks for the help in advance.:tiphat: Your knowledge is unbelievable.:2:

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

A great supplement.

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends when you want everything to peak. IThe niacin and Glutemine will peak GH 2 hours after taking them. Insulin will peak 1 hour ater eating. SO what i would do is 2 hours preworkout take the niacin and glutemine. One hour proir to workout eat a meal to spike insulin levels w a little bit more protein than usual mabye 10 G more. Then go work out and sometime during the workout you should notice the elevated levels of the 2 hormones.

Note about niacin, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT play with the dosages of niacin bc what it does is opens up all of your cappillaries and the blood goes from where it is suppose to be in the body, rgans heart, lung ect, to the limbs and skin bc of the capillaries being open. so dont play wuth that supplement to much.

Sorry for bumping old thread but where can I get that much niacin from? :eek:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read several studies that showed that Glutamine did not prevent protein degradation nor did it show any substantial effects on protein synthesis.
However, IsoLeucine did. I say don't waste your money on it because it is over priced and you get plenty in your whey protein that you buy.

Edit: Just noticed this is a bumped old thread :doh:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats up with that immune system health myth?

is it true that it supports and might strengthen your system or is it just BS ?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Niacin made me throw up and get all hot and itchy, what a wonderful experience that was.

No Flush > Regular Niacin