• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Good food during training

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read the anecdote of Flash Elorde, one of the Philippine’s greatest boxers who was a long time champion in the junior lightweight division during the 1960s. During his training for a fight, he was eating dried fish with rice but more often boiled corn. When he began winning fights and getting a higher purse, his food improved to chicken and beef. He said that without good food (particularly meat) an athlete has the disadvantage of lacking in nutrients. It is good if the athlete has the inherent strength but for ordinary athletes, they need nutrients particularly protein that is supplied by meat.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are right in that meat offers most proteins and that too which is the single.most essential requirement for a body builder.

You may still build a body and win fights as a vegetarian provided you know the right sources for proteins and use some supplements.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

In sports specifically Boxing, a boxer needs to build up muscles and power as well as endurance and speed, to accomplish this your body needs bulk and energy to fuel it. And the best way to build muscles is by eating a lot of protein rich food like eggs, dairy and meat products. This would give the boxer muscle bulk and the energy he needs in training.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Each body requires a different diet, but I believe that unprocessed foods have to be the most healthy ones.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I am no athlete nor a boxer, but I believe that eating two boiled eggs boost my endurance and alertness in certain situations wherein I don't have time to cook a full meal. I remember way back in college if ever don't have enough time to take lunch, what I do is I buy boiled eggs from the cafeteria, and it does get me through the day. Aside from it being protein-rich, it is cheap so you don't have to spend a lot to supplement the energy you might require for the day.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good food for boxer's they say would be white meat, because it does not take your body so long to digest it- chicken, turkey and fish are some good examples. Some other good sources of protein besides meat, would be eggs, tuna, peanut butter and milk -and try to eat some fruits and vegetables as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Include a healthy dose of fruits and vegetables too. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which is a requirement for a healthy body.