• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Good source of supplements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peepaw

Good afternoon. I am 51 years old, and after @ a 20 year hiatus I am back in the gym with my 16 year old son. "Back in the day", I drank protein shakes, took creatine, etc....but after 20 years of going without, who is a good supplier of protein and creatine powder? Thank you in advance. Started working out @ 4 weeks ago, and while its been a minute, feels GREAT getting back into the gym!!!!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Just look at some of the sponsors here. I won't name any names but there are some of the best of protein drinks anywhere found here if you look.

Welcome to the site.

Reactions: Peepaw
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Good afternoon. I am 51 years old, and after @ a 20 year hiatus I am back in the gym with my 16 year old son. "Back in the day", I drank protein shakes, took creatine, etc....but after 20 years of going without, who is a good supplier of protein and creatine powder? Thank you in advance. Started working out @ 4 weeks ago, and while its been a minute, feels GREAT getting back into the gym!!!!
Support the companies that advertise here (and MuscleSport Mag, too lol).

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First and foremost, I think that it is great that you are getting back into the workout scene. If you could provide a little more insight into your workout routine, diet, weight and body fat we could probably provide a little more guidance. Every bit of information can help.

Also remember that it is always best to obtain your proteins from a food source. But if you do reach for protein powders there are three frequently used types.

Protein concentrates: Extracted proteins from whole food using heat and acid or enzymes. These typically supply 60%–80% protein, with the remaining 20%–40% composed of fat and carbs.

Protein isolates: These require additional filtering to remove fats and carbs, further concentrating the protein. These will contain about 90%–95% protein.

Protein hydrolysates: These will require a higher level of heating with acid or enzymes. This is done to break the amino acids bonds. These proteins will absorb quickly. Another benefit is that they are reported to raise insulin levels more than other forms. This could have the potential to enhance muscle growth if taken after your workout.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is the question correct. Is it good source of supplements or good source of vitamins/ proteins/ iron etc.

Anyway I think the best supplements should be prescribed by a doctor.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Doctors don't generally subscribe supplements.

Reactions: Push50
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Doctors don't generally subscribe supplements.

Agreed. Most supplements, at least in the US, are not approved by the FDA and not prescribed by doctors.
That being said you should still research your meds and supplements to ensure that there are not any adverse reactions between them. An example would be St John’s Wart and medications for heart disease and birth control. It decreases their effectiveness. Meaning don’t let your girl run at John’s wart if she takes birth control unless you plan to be a daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killer5

killer5

Some popular choices for protein powder include Optimum Nutrition, MyProtein, and Dymatize. These brands offer a variety of flavors and types of protein.

For creatine, you might consider reputable brands like MuscleTech, Bulk Supplements, or Optimum Nutrition. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional or a fitness expert before starting any supplements after a long hiatus to ensure they align with your current fitness goals. Keep up the great work, and enjoy the journey back to a healthier you!

Status
Not open for further replies.