• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Google to Challenge Microsoft With Operating System

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
6,192
Points
73
29382244-1.jpg



http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aTd2k.YdQZ.Y
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Saw this, big news... will be curious to see how it fares, but Windows 7 is a huge step up from Vista.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
God damn Google trying to take over the world again.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
Googles been at it for a while now.... the competition will be good but its insane to think that they will be surpassing a company who has been in OS business for 30 years! Like Ironslave said Win7 is a big big improvement on Vista and if MAC couldnt beat Windows how do you expect a web based OS to do major damage! Plus the "Geeks" willl always like to have a "physicall contact" with the machines they run... none of that "Cloud" shit:thumbsup2:
 
smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
642
Points
16
nothing better than some good competition. Already pre ordered my windows 7 though..cant wait MS rules
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
The google OS is primarly for web surfing. Its a great step towards and OS but won't be replacing anything for Servers and doubt most would use it for desktops. Netbooks is going to be the biggest market for it until they expand it.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
there is absolutly nothing over Linux and Mac OS :spy:

i'm glad that i'm away from microsoft.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
Saw this, big news... will be curious to see how it fares, but Windows 7 is a huge step up from Vista.

Windows 7 is a step up from Vista, but not as big as they claim (I am actually writing this message from windows 7). Windows 7 is faster but all in all is almost the same operating system with a few little tweaks here and there. That said I have had a really good experience with Vista 64, granted my comp is over powered.

I am excited to see google throw their hat in the ring. It will make the Linux, Mac and MS developers think in different directions.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
there is absolutly nothing over Linux and Mac OS :spy:

i'm glad that i'm away from microsoft.

Mac OS is pretty nice. Linux, not so much. Sure you can do a lot with Linux if you know what you are doing but it is hard for the masses. You gotta remember back to when Windows 95/98 first came out and how much trouble older folk had with it. Now move them to Linux and they will lose their minds. I know moving from xp to vista for some was hard. lol i can only imagine throwing linux at them and they try to get devices that are supported to work.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
497
Points
16
Windows 7 is a step up from Vista, but not as big as they claim (I am actually writing this message from windows 7). Windows 7 is faster but all in all is almost the same operating system with a few little tweaks here and there. That said I have had a really good experience with Vista 64, granted my comp is over powered.

I am excited to see google throw their hat in the ring. It will make the Linux, Mac and MS developers think in different directions.

I downloaded the open beta for windows 7 and for what kind of hardware I am running, I can notice night and day differences between the two operating systems. Vista is a piece of shit compared to 7 from my experience.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
I downloaded the open beta for windows 7 and for what kind of hardware I am running, I can notice night and day differences between the two operating systems. Vista is a piece of shit compared to 7 from my experience.

7 is the 20% faster or so they claim. Granted I have a 2.83GHZ quad core, 8gig ddr3, nvidia gtx 280, raid 0 rig that will run just about anything.
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
7 is the 20% faster or so they claim. Granted I have a 2.83GHZ quad core, 8gig ddr3, nvidia gtx 280, raid 0 rig that will run just about anything.

Holy shit son, you could probably run Crysis on DOS.
 

Similar threads

pGhi
Replies
9
Views
4K
pGhi
pGhi
Adam23
Replies
11
Views
4K
Rageking
R
Chesticles
Replies
10
Views
4K
miamiracing
miamiracing
P
Replies
21
Views
6K
Chesticles
Chesticles
Top