• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Great Mike Mentzer and Ray Mentzer Training Video

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
This is great footage of Mike and Ray training and posing. I love listening to Mike on his principles of training and also his philosophy of life. His triceps are phenomenal along with those unique calves of his...

Last edited by a moderator:
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx!

Lot of muscle in those vids!

RIP. He will be missed

His methods aren't always popular or accepted by most bodybuilders though.

To me he makes for very interesting reading / listening.

Mentzer deserves more credit

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thanx!

Lot of muscle in those vids!

RIP. He will be missed

His methods aren't always popular or accepted by most bodybuilders though.

To me he makes for very interesting reading / listening.

Mentzer deserves more credit

Yeh he does deserve alot more credit. Im an advocate of HIT training, i just wish more bodybuilders would just try it instead of just dismissing it because it's too "simple" that the amount you do for it will yeild better results than standerd training methods.

Hes one of my idols because of his physical status but mostly because of his way of thinking

P

power

Thank you for this masterpiece of videos; I am a disciple of HIT. I am glad to hear that some one else on this forum is also a disciple of HIT. I actually had the honor of having a phone consultation with the late great Mike Mentzer; and I have been enlightened ever since. Perhaps we could exchange training ideas.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the vids lance! they looked incredible.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thank you for this masterpiece of videos; I am a disciple of HIT. I am glad to hear that some one else on this forum is also a disciple of HIT. I actually had the honor of having a phone consultation with the late great Mike Mentzer; and I have been enlightened ever since. Perhaps we could exchange training ideas.

Wow, i though i was the only HIT guy on here! No way!! i would have loved that. was he sorting out your training routine? Yeh we could definatley exchange training ideas mate :xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
thanks for the vids lance! they looked incredible.

No problem pal :xyxthumbs: yeh they looked great. i loved how thick there muscles was through their training. just as dorians thickness, he claimed that through his training HIT for many years

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive always been a fan of his too. I train HIT so I always have looked up to bodybuilders who train that way as well.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Yeh, HIT is the way. It works for me and i know it will work for others out there. I just wish people would try it or at least lower there total sets for a muscle group. I really admire their physiques as well, very thick and grainy physiques.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did alot of heavy duty when me and my roomate in college were working out. He was a good partner. At one point he was doing two 45 lbs plates with the stack of peck deck
for 4 reps by himself and 3 forced. We would watch Mark Dugdale train with Dorian before we worked out to get pumped. Now I do doggcrapp because im able to do it without a partner cause im at home. Im glad theres another guy on here who loves HIT

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^Yeh man, you do build a lot of strngth from HIT. Before my workouts i always watch Blood and Guts which fires me up.

Yeh i understand you with that, its hard doing it on your own. I ussually try my best though by emplying negatives and so fourth. Great to hear your a HIT guy :2:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah defenitely. I would do all the time if I had a solid partner.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I think it's still possible to do it on your own, it's just not as easy as if you had a partner. there are lots of techniques you can still do that you don't need a training partner.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's still possible to do it on your own, it's just not as easy as if you had a partner. there are lots of techniques you can still do that you don't need a training partner.

Sometimes ill pre exhaust or negatives. Or do really slow negatives. Also ill do rest pause or drop sets but the best for me is forced reps its also what I enjoy the most.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Yeh forced represents my favourite technique as well which requires a training partner so i feel pretty bumed when my training partner lets me down. I also really like slow negatives and i used to do forced negatives...now they do really make you hurt like hell the next couple of days after the workout

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rest 4-7 days in between workouts is what he did right?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good videos btw, he was underrated IMO..