• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Greek olympic weight lifting team tested positive for banned substances

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Members Of The Greek Weightlifting Team Test Positive, Coach Suspended

Athens, Greece (AHN) - Greek Olympic weightlifting coach Christos Iakovou has been suspended after 11 out of 14 members of Greece's national weightlifting team have tested positive for banned substances during an out-of-competition drugs test on March 7.

The names of the athletes were not released awaiting confirmation of the out-of-competition tests. The Greek Weightlifting Federation said it would wait for the results of the test of the B samples before conducting a special investigation.

Iacovou, 60, a former weightlifter and one of Greece's' most successful coaches, has steered the team with five Olympic gold medals along with five silver and two bronze since the 1992 Barcelona Games. He tendered his resignation after the results came out and has been suspended.

"National coach Christos Iakovou ... offered his resignation to the governing board of the Greek Weightlifting Federation," the federation said in a statement. "The governing board has suspended Mr. Iakovou until light is shed on the case."

International Weightlifting Federation general secretary Yannis said in a statement: "If the results are confirmed, this would be a black page in the bright history of weightlifting."

"But this would not cancel the golden (successes) that Greece has enjoyed in weightlifting in recent years," Sgouros adds.

Greece could find itself without a weightlifting team at the Olympic Games in Beijing in August if the secondary tests also turn out positive.

On Monday, Sports minister Yiannis Ioannidis called an emergency meeting of all the leaders of the country's main sporting federations.

Said Ioannidis: "I cannot comment on which substances the athletes were allegedly taking because the case is ongoing and I can't say anything. We have no reason to have any suspicion regarding athletes who brought the country glory in the past."

"This is a very unpleasant development ... they are nearly all members of the Olympic team." Ioannidis adds.

The unscheduled out-of-competition tests were conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency upon orders of the International Weightlifting Federation.

Greek federation officials and sports ministry are unavailable to confirm the report or make further comment.

this is the biggest dope scandal in my country and propably one of the biggest world wide.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is the biggest dope scandal in my country and propably one of the biggest world wide.Greece had not won a single metal in olympic weightlifting from 1904 to 1994.After coach Chris Iacovou started to train the team all of a sudden greece started to win medals and became one of the worlds best weight lifting teams:eek4:

coach's assistant said that a vitamin\amino acid supplement that they bought from china is to blame because it had illegal substances in it and they did not inform them...:bowroflarms::bowroflarms::bowroflarms:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weighlifters dope?Shit!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow sad to hear this. i'm greek and always root for them to do well.

hey alex i have a question, are steriods legal for recreational use out there? obviously not for competitve athletes but is it the same situation we have here in the states?

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
olympic weight lifting is the sport that has been affected more than any other sport.the steroid that was given to the athletes is Methyltrienolone which is the most liver toxic steroid out there.also they were using an opium based pain killer...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
olympic weight lifting is the sport that has been affected more than any other sport.the steroid that was given to the athletes is Methyltrienolone which is the most liver toxic steroid out there.also they were using an opium based pain killer...

good to know. but are they legal to have them in general? meaning if a cop found you with a vial of deca in greece, what would happen?

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

dope or not those guys are monsters

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe theres a way you can access your brain by yourself to mimic full insulin release
i believe its possible
people at my new gym mostly huge guys, thing im on steroids total bs, they're probably
soo pumped up and out of it while working out. but damn
i seriously think theres another way. prohormones are starting to be used more often
i even overheard couple of guys planning on splitting the pay for a months supply
...eh im tired..

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good to know. but are they legal to have them in general? meaning if a cop found you with a vial of deca in greece, what would happen?

sorry mate i didn't see your post.

legal no but we dont have strict laws about steroids here.deca is very common ,cheap and easy to find since its manufactured here.i dont think you will be in trouble if you have a small quantity,if you have a shitload of roids and its obvious you are dealing them,then yes you are in trouble.

although greece is a tiny country and every time something like this is happening the hole country speaks about it.after that doping scandal the hole country is shocked(my ass)like they didnt know about it...

In the news they said that they will change our laws about doping and it will be taken as a felony.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow sad to hear this. i'm greek and always root for them to do well.

hey alex i have a question, are steriods legal for recreational use out there? obviously not for competitve athletes but is it the same situation we have here in the states?

nice to hear you have greek roots.do you know from which part in greece?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this from the featherweight class.those guys weight 140 pounds and lift 400 from the floor!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry mate i didn't see your post.

legal no but we dont have strict laws about steroids here.deca is very common ,cheap and easy to find since its manufactured here.i dont think you will be in trouble if you have a small quantity,if you have a shitload of roids and its obvious you are dealing them,then yes you are in trouble.

although greece is a tiny country and every time something like this is happening the hole country speaks about it.after that doping scandal the hole country is shocked(my ass)like they didnt know about it...

In the news they said that they will change our laws about doping and it will be taken as a felony.

ahh interesting. hopefully they don't go the route of the US. thanks for the response

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to hear you have greek roots.do you know from which part in greece?

you know i'm not quite sure even though i should know. my grandparents (yiayia and papou lol) own a villa in greece and they go once a year for about 4 months. there home there is nicer than the one they have here in the states! sadly, i've never been, but that will change soon.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yesterday there was a tv show that send a guy with a hidden camera to some gyms to obtain some steroids.he went in a big gym in athens then he started to speak with the owner .it was like this

journalist -I want get ripped as soon as possible.
roid dealer -Then you will definitely need to do a cycle.
-Is that going to get me results?
-Yes you will became a rocket...
-Is it safe?
-It wont shrink your balls but i cant promise you it wont affect your sperm.
-What exactly are you going to give me?
-Its called winstrol.
-How much is it going to cost me?
-1100 euros(1700 dollars)
-Ok
-Nice now we will make the first injection.

after that the journalist started some excuses to avoid the shot

the things that made me impression is
1)That he had the roids on their boxes next to cash machine in the reception and the needles in the top drawer!:e5dunno:
2) 1100 euros for a winny cycle is the biggest rip off i have ever heard.A friend of in the gym did a test\d-bol\deca\trebolone cycle and paid 500 euros.
3)the roid dealer was a douche cause the journalist had nothing to do with gymnastics.Someone who is careful wont give roids to someone who looks like he has never worked out in his life.

i am sure that the dealer(they didnt show faces but the guy was huge)when he saw him self in the tv he started running to gym to throw the roids he had...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yesterday there was a tv show that send a guy with a hidden camera to some gyms to obtain some steroids.he went in a big gym in athens then he started to speak with the owner .it was like this

journalist -I want get ripped as soon as possible.
roid dealer -Then you will definitely need to do a cycle.
-Is that going to get me results?
-Yes you will became a rocket...
-Is it safe?
-It wont shrink your balls but i cant promise you it wont affect your sperm.
-What exactly are you going to give me?
-Its called winstrol.
-How much is it going to cost me?
-1100 euros(1700 dollars)
-Ok
-Nice now we will make the first injection.

after that the journalist started some excuses to avoid the shot

the things that made me impression is
1)That he had the roids on their boxes next to cash machine in the reception and the needles in the top drawer!:e5dunno:
2) 1100 euros for a winny cycle is the biggest rip off i have ever heard.A friend of in the gym did a test\d-bol\deca\trebolone cycle and paid 500 euros.
3)the roid dealer was a douche cause the journalist had nothing to do with gymnastics.Someone who is careful wont give roids to someone who looks like he has never worked out in his life.

i am sure that the dealer(they didnt show faces but the guy was huge)when he saw him self in the tv he started running to gym to throw the roids he had...

:ughnoes: $1700!!!!! holy shit!! i hope we never see prices like that over here. that gym sounds awsome thought, i mean roids and needles in the front desk! too bad golds gym isn't that cool :49:

M

manilamuscle

bunch of desperate fools

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^greek olympic weightlifting team is one of the best in the world with athletes like Pyrros Dimas who won the gold metal for 3 consecutive olympics.That means he was number 1 in his game for 12years!!!!dope comes along with competitive sports thats how it is...so fool or not
his achievements are admirable and inspirational for me.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:ughnoes: $1700!!!!! holy shit!! i hope we never see prices like that over here. that gym sounds awsome thought, i mean roids and needles in the front desk! too bad golds gym isn't that cool :49:

the journalist wanted the reportage badly so he probably went there and acted
like a sucker with money floating out of his pocket.the roid dealer saw that the guy was willing to pay lots of money so he thought he could make easy money.a regular price is the 500 euros(800 dollars)for the test\d-bol\deca\trebolone cycle.

the same tv show said that greece is number 4 in the world in use of anabolics
which is pretty scary considering that we are a small country with 11 million population...