• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Gustavo Badell wins 2009 Atlantic City Pro

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex, I take it the judges not allowed to talk to one another?
lol, there arn't that many rules in bodybuilding.

You can clearly see Rich Gaspari talking up a storm in the video I posted during prejudging.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
According to John Romano, Rich had Troy in first...
No, according to Rich Gaspari he had Troy in first.

I wouldn't buy into that one without seeing the score cards, which we'll never see. Even if he did, it's the fact that he's sponsoring like 5-6 athletes in this show, and all of them seemed to make the top 2. Not to mention, some of those athletes got huuuge gifts (Hide).

Sometimes bodybuilding is a straight up joke.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i would see it differently than you, Flex, and i will elaborate on what i would change for my judgment.

Upper body (front)

Upper body conditioning - Gustavo
Upper body shape - Troy
Upper body size - GUSTAVO (much thicker and much more density, troy has a wider clavicle)
Upper body separation - TIE (gustavo may have the more consistant upper body separation but troy,although doesnt have consistancy in conditioning from bodypart to bodypart, has certain body parts that are seperated beyond gustavos possibilities.)

Lower body (front)

Lower body conditioning - GUSTAVO (troy's quads are more seperated but gustavo was dry front to back and his calves are way out of troy's reach)
Lower body shape - TIE ( Troy has a classier shape in his legs but he has a weak inner thigh and ,again, inconsistancy from muscle group to muscle group)
Lower body thickness - Troy
Lower body separation - Troy

Upper body (back)

Upper body conditioning - Tie (troy has more striations but gustavo's lower back is much drier especially in the lower oblique, lower lat, lower back tie-ins)
Upper body shape - Troy
Upper body thickness - Gustavo ( upper and lower back is much thicker than troy's, troy has more thickness in his lats i think gustavo packs more muscle on his frame concidering troy has a wider clavicle)
Upper body separation - Tie ( same reason as Upper body (back) conditioning)

Lower body (rear)

Lower body conditioning - Gustavo
Lower body shape - Troy
Lower body thickness - Troy
Lower body separation - Gustavo

-----------------------------------
So based on your list of comparisons i would give it a Tie, but then i would say that gustavo would win based on overal head to toe consistancy and separation. IMO couldve gone either way but i preffered gustavo in this show. now, about hide in front of troy, i still dont think troy was miles ahead of hide but i do beleive that troy shouldve placed second... that being said, melvin looked like crap IMO

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't even watch the show, but I can basically say it should have been..1. alves 2. hide 3. badell. I mean really, can you beeat alves? fuck no he looks great

C

crossfirebmf

Hide's been better conditioned. Troy was better. Gustavo didn't win at all.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hide's been better conditioned. Troy was better. Gustavo didn't win at all.
Exactly! How does an all time BEST Troy Alves lose to a worse-than-usual Hide Yamigishi. Back at the Europa a better package of Hide lost to a worse Troy Alves.

Makes absolutely no sense.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol, there arn't that many rules in bodybuilding.

You can clearly see Rich Gaspari talking up a storm in the video I posted during prejudging.

Right, that's why I was asking if judges were not allowed to talk with one another.

What's bad about him talking?

L

lorri_01

gus has got some real thick hams esp in side poses wow

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't even watch the show, but I can basically say it should have been..1. alves 2. hide 3. badell. I mean really, can you beeat alves? fuck no he looks great

No way in hell Hide beat Gustavo in this show.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
C

crossfirebmf

Exactly! How does an all time BEST Troy Alves lose to a worse-than-usual Hide Yamigishi. Back at the Europa a better package of Hide lost to a worse Troy Alves.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Depends on who is on who's pay list and who knows who how well at that time. Apparently Gustavo's time off has been well spent with the bodybuilding elite.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think IFBB should have some sort of rule/criterion set for Judges selection where any judge with clients competing in the show should not be allowed to continue... having said that if the video was from the night show and NOT the prejudging then believe it or not thats not too much of an issue as most of the jusdges have already madeup there mind... I know sounds pretty bad but thats the way it has always been :|