• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Gym etiquette

slyosniper

slyosniper

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
66
Points
8
It seems like this goes beyond just the gym these days. I'm not sure whether people have lost basic courtesy or if it's just the veteran in me noticing it more. Watching someone do dumbbell exercises directly in front of the rack, blocking everyone else from accessing the weights, drives me crazy. The same goes for people sitting on a machine scrolling through their phones while others are waiting, or taking up multiple machines at once. I constantly see groups of people standing around talking and blocking walkways without any awareness of those around them. It feels much more common than it used to be. Maybe it's the phones, or maybe people just don't care anymore.
I was raised to hold doors open, say "yes sir" and "yes ma'am," and be mindful of others. I've even had people set up and start lifting right in front of me when there was plenty of open space available. Maybe this is just a rant, but I find that kind of behavior extremely rude and inconsiderate.
 

Similar threads

PumpChaser
Replies
1
Views
47
annelifts
annelifts
SteelPhysique
Replies
2
Views
66
SweatLovin
SweatLovin
keeptough22
Replies
0
Views
194
keeptough22
keeptough22
Top