• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Happy New Year from Ronnie & Christine!!!

Light weight

Light weight

Today : :hsughr:

Happy New Year to you too Arnaud, I'm for sure I will see you in Berlin...

TM817

TM817

Thanks Lightweight! Happy New Year!

Light weight

Light weight

Happy New Year buddy!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
why is it absurd that we want to see him compete again? he is the best and i would like to see him on stage again. is there something wrong with that?
He can't overcome his injuries and his age at this point, at least not enough to compete at an advanced level. He has nothing to prove to anyone, not even himself and I'd like to see him focus more on his health. He's a great man and had an incredible career but I feel it's time he moves on. There is still a lot of good he can do for our sport by not competing and focusing on his longevity instead.
I'll not call it "hope". I think it would be a fact, probably you too. Ronnie is going to compete again, most likely,
We'll see.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why do people hope he competes again? This is getting absurd.

..... i know it must seem like i'm trolling your posts here, but really c'mon. there is nothing wrong with fans rooting for their favorite bodybuilder to make a succesful comeback. will he do very well? the odds are against him, i am with you in agreeing that he shouldn't compete again. i do think his assymetry issues will not be overcome and i want to remember ronnie as the undisputed king of bodybuilding with a physique no man (without myostatin blockers) will ever achieve. but to say to those who want to see him onstage again because they love seeing big ron that they are being absurd is really just as absurd.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
..... i know it must seem like i'm trolling your posts here, but really c'mon. there is nothing wrong with fans rooting for their favorite bodybuilder to make a succesful comeback.
Of course not, but we're dealing in a sport where there are bigger considerations to be made than meaningless comebacks. As I said, what does his stepping on stage again actually accomplish? It's time even the most die-hard fans step back and realize the physical repercussions of competing at that weight for so long in our sport.
Duality said:
will he do very well? the odds are against him, i am with you in agreeing that he shouldn't compete again.
Okay.
Duality said:
i do think his assymetry issues will not be overcome and i want to remember ronnie as the undisputed king of bodybuilding with a physique no man (without myostatin blockers) will ever achieve.
Okay.
Duality said:
but to say to those who want to see him onstage again because they love seeing big ron that they are being absurd is really just as absurd.
Yeah, because seeing him compete again > seeing him live a longer, healthier life and having a lasting impact on the sport after his competitive life has run it's course. :rolleyes:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Line
Yeah, because seeing him compete again > seeing him live a longer, healthier life and having a lasting impact on the sport after his competitive life has run it's course.

line do you really think doing one more show after the miriad of shows this man has done is really going to make a difference in the number of years he lives? if damage is going to be done from him competeing all these years, it's been done already.

what's funny is i agree. his health is more important and he will never be the man he used to be onstage, what's the point? but the fans love ronnie, and their desire to see him onstage is not greed driven as you are making it seem. they'd rather see ronnie onstage again than rather he'd be healthy is the picture i'm sure you are indirectly painting. they're simply rooting for the man. you can agree or disagree with it, but absurd.....it is not.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
line do you really think doing one more show after the miriad of shows this man has done is really going to make a difference in the number of years he lives? if damage is going to be done from him competeing all these years, it's been done already.
There's damage done, I'm sure, though my question is why put an aging body through such stress again? This isn't like wanting your favorite rock band to tour one more time so you can see them in concert. Such an act is typically successful and more of a celebratory nature; it's not competitive. I just don't see any good coming out of this and I feel his chances of improving on his last two outputs are approximately 0%. Seeing him compete in a minor show and not doing well hardly seems like a fitting stage for some grandiose farewell.

There's also the issue of how much judging has changed since Ronnie's reign and what brought him into such unparalleled success in the first place. He was a complete bodybuilder but had defining bodyparts that didn't throw off his overall balance. There was this "wow-factor" that definitely favored him as he rose to success and now we've already seen it all from Big Ron. In the meantime, his injury and the momentum of the little-man (Dexter, Phil, Silvio, et cetera) only makes a possible comeback all the more untimely. Particularly because he wasn't able to duplicate his crispness at the last two O's he competed in, when, aside from prejudging in 2004, losing water and fat was never a problem for him.
Duality said:
what's funny is i agree. his health is more important and he will never be the man he used to be onstage, what's the point? but the fans love ronnie, and their desire to see him onstage is not greed driven as you are making it seem. they'd rather see ronnie onstage again than rather he'd be healthy is the picture i'm sure you are indirectly painting. they're simply rooting for the man. you can agree or disagree with it, but absurd.....it is not.
It's absolutely absurd because it's in no way realistic. I'm not sure what you're inferring from, but my point hardly concerns fandom greed. Even if Ronnie wants to compete, I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's hardly in his best interest. If not, I'm likely done with this conversation.

hydro

hydro

There's damage done, I'm sure, though my question is why put an aging body through such stress again? This isn't like wanting your favorite rock band to tour one more time so you can see them in concert. Such an act is typically successful and more of a celebratory nature; it's not competitive. I just don't see any good coming out of this and I feel his chances of improving on his last two outputs are approximately 0%. Seeing him compete in a minor show and not doing well hardly seems like a fitting stage for some grandiose farewell.

There's also the issue of how much judging has changed since Ronnie's reign and what brought him into such unparalleled success in the first place. He was a complete bodybuilder but had defining bodyparts that didn't throw off his overall balance. There was this "wow-factor" that definitely favored him as he rose to success and now we've already seen it all from Big Ron. In the meantime, his injury and the momentum of the little-man (Dexter, Phil, Silvio, et cetera) only makes a possible comeback all the more untimely. Particularly because he wasn't able to duplicate his crispness at the last two O's he competed in, when, aside from prejudging in 2004, losing water and fat was never a problem for him.

It's absolutely absurd because it's in no way realistic. I'm not sure what you're inferring from, but my point hardly concerns fandom greed. Even if Ronnie wants to compete, I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's hardly in his best interest. If not, I'm likely done with this conversation.

well said Line i agree with everything you said

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

Batmanx007

I agree with LINE, that health is important. But, realistically, how many professional BBers, live to see 80, or in this day and time 60? There are a lot of BBers, who have died prior to 35. Why not compete, enjoy life, have fun, and just do what you like? Ronnie has been competing for almost half his life. Betty Pariso will most likely do the Ms. Olympia this year(2009), at (I think) 54, Vince Taylor did the Olympia a couple years ago, at 50 plus. It's true neither are or were Ronnie's caliber, but why not dowutchalike? Just a thought.