• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

HCL use

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Want to release more HCL? Make yourself stressed.... there's a whole nation of people with stress induced ulcers who would disagree that insufficient HCL secretion is a problem. Poliquin is an idiot.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ so thats the cause for ulcers?! good to know IS, now i know i wont look into it anymore lolz, just got me interested cuz it would increase absorption rates of food.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
^^ so thats the cause for ulcers?! good to know IS, now i know i wont look into it anymore lolz, just got me interested cuz it would increase absorption rates of food.

Well, the main cause of ulcers is the presence of a bacteria called H-pylori, but stress causes the release of histamine from mast cells which bind to H2 receptors, which ultimately increase HCl secretion. There's just so much junk science out there, when someone says that HCl supplementation can result in 18 lbs of muscle gain in a matter of weeks/months without changing anything else, you know something is pretty suspect....
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ yeah, and normally T-nation posts some good articles, dont know what happened there.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
^^ yeah, and normally T-nation posts some good articles, dont know what happened there.

Poliquin lost his mind years ago... he's the Mike Tyson of the strength and conditioning world. Initially he was great, came out with some solid, hard hitting stuff, and was probably the undisputed champ in the industry..... then after a while, he lost his mind, and now is just hanging around doing new and crazy stuff for attention.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I spotted that article on HCl supplementation ages ago and couldn't believe it.

It left me wondering who would actually try to sell this to people?? But then again I've seen fertiliser companies try to sell silicon to farmers. Same thing really.
 
Top