• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Health Care

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand this post at all...

1) Who said that Joe CEO doesn't need workers?

2) Nobody here ever said we expect to pay no taxes, the conservatives/libertarians here are more against wasteful big government spending.

3) What does paving roads have to do with how lousy socialized health care is?

1) No one, sorry must not have been clear about that.

2) You may well be more against big government spending, but it often comes across that you are against taxes in general, especially against a tiered tax approach.

3) I was not addressing the faults of socialized healthcare I was addressing your comment of "Should it just be up to the wealthy people in society to take care of us all?". The wealthy benefit a great deal more from the social and physical infrastructure (they use it a great deal more too) that we have and should thus be prepared to pay more for it. That was the point I was making, sorry if it seemed out of context.

You and I tend to agree on what is the right thing to do (helping out your fellow man and what not) but we tend to disagree on how to do it (Public vs Private).

Socialized health care has flaws, but so does private healthcare. Medical Insurance being one of the biggest flaws as Tim has pointed out. There have been countless cases of insurance companies screwing over policy holders with miles of contracts and red tape and clauses.

You are right, very few doctors would turn away someone in dire need of emergency care. It is the cost of that care and the care afterwards that is the crippling part. And the ability of insurance companies to get out of paying these costs is far too great.

In my view, the private sector being driven solely by profit from healthcare is a problem. When healthcare becomes about the money and not about helping people there is something wrong.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2) You may well be more against big government spending, but it often comes across that you are against taxes in general, especially against a tiered tax approach.

Sorry if it seems this way, but I've always mentioned that there's nothing wrong with local state/provincial property taxes and such (that can pay for a hell of a lot of things like police and local infrastructure) and maybe some federal taxes for a strong defense.

3) I was not addressing the faults of socialized healthcare I was addressing your comment of "Should it just be up to the wealthy people in society to take care of us all?". The wealthy benefit a great deal more from the social and physical infrastructure (they use it a great deal more too) that we have and should thus be prepared to pay more for it. That was the point I was making, sorry if it seemed out of context.

Ryeland, we both know that it's not building roads where the bulk of tax dollars go. The response of "we need roads" when discussing is higher tiered taxes for the wealthy is such a straw man, it's the myriad of other unnecessary government programs which cause the expense.

You and I tend to agree on what is the right thing to do (helping out your fellow man and what not) but we tend to disagree on how to do it (Public vs Private).

Socialized health care has flaws, but so does private healthcare. Medical Insurance being one of the biggest flaws as Tim has pointed out. There have been countless cases of insurance companies screwing over policy holders with miles of contracts and red tape and clauses.

You are right, very few doctors would turn away someone in dire need of emergency care. It is the cost of that care and the care afterwards that is the crippling part. And the ability of insurance companies to get out of paying these costs is far too great.

In my view, the private sector being driven solely by profit from healthcare is a problem. When healthcare becomes about the money and not about helping people there is something wrong.

Medical insurance in it's current form has flaws, because it's not truly private as people in the US still subsidize about 50% of the health care costs. The whole point of private insurance is to eliminate the red tape, but this doesn't happen in a crony-capitalist system.

I ask once again, if you can negotiate in advance with your insurance company what will happen in the case that your house burns down (the average house in the US costs $250,000), why can't you negotiate what happens when you need a chronic medical care treatment?? If the company dicks you over, then they go to jail and lose everything.