• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Help with powerlifting split

O

ObviouslyNatty

New member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
3
Points
3
I've been doing general lifting/bodybuilding style work for around 2 years now, I am switching to powerlifting and was hoping for some pointers on programming. Here is a deadlift day I have made, please leave any suggestions in terms of exercise selection, volume, and weight percentage. Have already asked chatGPT but that can't beat human experience.

DEADLIFT DAY:
Deadlifts| 3x5 80%*, 3x3 85%*, 3x1 90%*
BB rack pulls| 3x5 90%*, 1x3 100%*, 1x3 110%*
BB power-rows| 3x5 55%*, 1x3 60%*, 1x3 65%*
BB good mornings| 3x5 35%**, 1x3 40%**, 1x3 50%**
Leg curls| 5x5 25%*
BB curls| 5x5 35%*
 
  • Like
Reactions: Legit and jolter604
O

ObviouslyNatty

New member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
3
Points
3
* of deadlift
** of squat
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
1,956
Points
83
I have never tried power lifting personally due to the fact I have always had some kind of rotator cup issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
I do a lot of squats and my knees are kind of sore much of the time in my old guy days now. I don’t even attempt any powerlifting.

Tkd is an absolute monster at it though.
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Haha thanks Rich, but I am not a powerlifter.
I just loved doing squats and deadlifts mostly (not a flat bench press fan) and got strong at them, but never trained powerlifting specifically.
 
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Legit and TalkAdmin

Similar threads

dilatedmuscle
Replies
36
Views
10K
Natzo
Natzo
SteelPhysique
Replies
0
Views
33
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
Top