• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

hi - problems already with stretch marks - anyone else?

• Thread starter secondyearperry
  • Start date
secondyearperry

secondyearperry

im just about to turn 19, im 6ft 2 and weigh 185lbs. ive been weight working for about a year now, last august i was 196lbs, was forced to take 3 weeks out from training and went up to 208lbs i loaded on fat. in that time i have this fat in my arms also with some horrible stretch marks. so from sept to december i worked hard toning and now in march im stronger than ive ever been and im down to 185lbs. it was really depressing to get on the scales because any weight lose oin my eyes is devastating. ive started back on the heavy weights but the stretch marks on my arms are getting worse and i fear that they may be appearing on my chest. i hear that your body fat percentage needs to be between 8-10% to avoid this, my body fat is about 15-16% (normal) psychologically it crushes me to tone because i love lifting the heavy stuff its my hobby andi crave it. could someone please give me some advice and answer the body fat problem that i have, thanks

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stretch marks are a common problem, they come with the territory of bodybuilding I have quite bad ones on both of my biceps they have started to fade now though, over time they go almost see through and are hard to see especially if you get tanned.

Coco butter cream helps prevent them if you use it regularly, I dont think it makes them go away but it can help prevent you getting more and over time the ones you have got fade its definately worth getting some.

secondyearperry

secondyearperry

but its not only because of quick muscle growth - there is some fat in there- should i keep working hard on heavy weights or not - and do you have to have less than 10 % body fat to bodybuild?

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no you dont have too at all most people only get to under 10% for comps it doesnt matter how high your bodyfst is within reason obviously you want to get it down to look your best

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't worry overly much about them. Go with FF's cocoa butter solution, and just train consistently.

Welcometo the Mecca as well. Stay active:xyxthumbs:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stretch marks are good.. you should be proud.. means your growing..

its a genetic thing.. the only thing you can do is keep your skin moisturized at as best you can.. you cant make them go away once you have them unless you have surgery.. dont buy into that bs over the counter crap..

secondyearperry

secondyearperry

thanks, athough in egypt its A BIT HARD TO FIND COCO BUTTER CREAM, ANY OTHER SUGESSTIONS?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How do fella. See you around the boards.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome aboard, stay active.:xyxthumbs: ...............strange one for welcome to the Mecca :uhoh2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man honestly unless you got those real ugly ones on the front of your chest who cares just tan. to me there a sign of progress and mean im doing something right.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
yeh i have stretch marks! there a bastard, ive got them all on my arse and hamstrings and on my inner quads! ive got them on my biceps aswell! i made a stupid mistake of gaining too much weight! vitamin E helps and also bio-oil

A

airforcechief11

I feel ya pain with the stretch marks. My quads are growing so fast that i have really bad stretch marks in the corners of my thighs...crazy shit

Looks like a freakin roadmap on my leg

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I look to the positive things about stretch marks, nothing bad about them imo. Ive had stretch marks on my biceps and my lats and legs for 3 years now.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why is this in members pics..

D

Dstan

i've got them pretty bad by my front shoulder and on my chest. I think if they grow anymore they'll be touching each other lol. Don't worry too much about it man just get some coco butter and that will prevent them from getting bigger more than likely. Try to look at it in a good way it's kind of like battle scars lol.

C

cannonball33

I have them all over my pec/delt tie-in (like most of us), plus down my lats and inside my armpits. They start off a purplish-red, then fade over time. I like 'em personally.