• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

High Intensity Training

P

Philf92

New member
Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
2
Points
1
I've been looking around and trying to inform myself about HIIT and I'm finding different things. First, I hear its just a method of training, and then I hear there is a certain weight/cardio routine that goes especially with HIIT. Can someone clear things up for me?

Btw, I'm not a "noob" to training, just HITT:dunnodude:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
HIIT = High intensity interval training its an exercise/cardio strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions. most peopel use it for cardio these days. Research has proven this method to be better than slow cardio. It minimize muscle loss and gives a great afterburn.

HIT = High intenion training which is a trainings style. To keep it very short, you just do 1 set of a weight that you will reach failure with. I personally dont reccommand this trainings style though it works for some.
 
P

Philf92

New member
Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
2
Points
1
HIIT = High intensity interval training its an exercise/cardio strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions. most peopel use it for cardio these days. Research has proven this method to be better than slow cardio. It minimize muscle loss and gives a great afterburn.

HIT = High intenion training which is a trainings style. To keep it very short, you just do 1 set of a weight that you will reach failure with. I personally dont reccommand this trainings style though it works for some.

Thanks man! So there IS a difference between HIIT and HIT.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
HIT is okay, but yea. to works for some,
works alright for me, HIIT is well worth it !!
 

Similar threads

MuscleMaverick
Replies
0
Views
123
MuscleMaverick
MuscleMaverick
Labrada Nutrition
Replies
0
Views
227
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
Top