• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How can I build bigger bi's?

T

tm0ney1113

Ive been training seriousley for about 9 months and have seen a big change in my body. Ive been eating healthy taking BSN products and training hard constentley tweaking my workout routine to see what works best for me. The only thing is my bi's aren't growing as much as the rest of my body. I dont know if its genetics or what but i cant seem to get them to grow!!! Is there anyone who can give me some advice who has been in the similar position. Thanks

P

Pain

VIP
Welcome to MuslcMecca.com!

Hello.

Welcome to MuscleMecca.com!

:welcome:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Drag curls. And, as for your other thread regarding traps, deadlifts.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I feel I hit my bi's best by doing five sets of heavy, but controlled, barbell curls after a back workout. I alternate between close grip and wide grip to hid the whole biceps. Dont get caught up in machines and isolation movements. Lift hard and keep it simple.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From a personal stand point Cheater Curls BB Curls have done wonders for my biceps.

On a general stand point heavy back work should stimulate them well. BB Rows, Weighted Chinups, Hammer Grip Chins as well.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bicep includes BB curls, seated or stand db curls, preacher curls, and front double bi cable curls(really adds peak)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bicep includes BB curls, seated or stand db curls, preacher curls, and front double bi cable curls(really adds peak)

Seems like a good order to train them in. If you are going to hit arms on their own day, I think that is a good order to do bi's in. Always make sure to his up some hammer curls and close grip curls every now and again so you can bring out that brachialis.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are many great exercises like listed below by Wolf, Tweak, The Creator, Phil Centopani... but the key is to not do too much volume. The biceps are a small muscle group and get worked when you do back. So its easy to overtrain them, when you hit them and chose your exercises. Got intense and heavy for four or five total sets. Good luck bro :xyxthumbs:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
A slow and controlled movement, squeezing the biceps to 100% without cheating

wayneizgod

wayneizgod

When I started training them with back they got bigger then when i trained them seperatly with triceps

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the simple fact is for all bodyparts is strength over a moderate rep range will determine size, big muscles are strong muscles, however remember that its strength combined with good form which hits the target muscle.

Biceps can be built with DB curls, BB curls and Preacher curls, you only need to improve your strength on these exercises over a moderate rep range over time. if your curling 25 kg dumbells today for 8 reps and 4 years later curling 40 kgs for 8 reps your doing it right, provided the form is tight and consistent!

good luck with it