• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How did you get into BodyBuilding??

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My older brother got me started when I was 16...I remember seeing Lee Priest on the cover of Flex ( the one showing him at 13 years old) and that got me hooked, young and naive I know, just like the kid that buys the muscletech supplements so he can look like the guy in the magazine :D

I continued to pursue it for athletic reasons (hockey, football) and eventual found that I enjoyed lifting weights more so than I did training for athletics. 8 years later and I'm still loving it.

Been telling myself I'd do a show, but still haven't stepped on stage

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was young I always looked up to characters that were large or buff, I was a fan of the incredible hulk and still am. The ninja turtles were buff as hell lol. Popeye was made on getting big forearms to beat the shit out of guys lol. I also grew up being into sports and I found that the weights were a way to transform myself and increase performance.

When I was in high school was when I really fell in love with lifting. I had a weight lifting coach that preached strict form and was probably the best coach you could have as far as learning and creating a love of lifting.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

just started workin out in high school to get in better shape, now i work out to stay fit and strong for my job (firefighter) and i also enjoy workin out very much

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alot of motivating stories! seriously read everyones story you will get motivated!!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wanted to get bigger for high school golf..and in turn..i could no longer swing a club hehe

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After I watched Rocky 4 I started training. Not as soon as the credits finished you understand but that was my inspiration.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
At age 15 I watched Commando and seen Arnold and I thought thats what I want to look like! So I researhed him, bought a shit load of books and got the barbell bug since.