• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

How did you get into BodyBuilding??

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
My older brother got me started when I was 16...I remember seeing Lee Priest on the cover of Flex ( the one showing him at 13 years old) and that got me hooked, young and naive I know, just like the kid that buys the muscletech supplements so he can look like the guy in the magazine :D

I continued to pursue it for athletic reasons (hockey, football) and eventual found that I enjoyed lifting weights more so than I did training for athletics. 8 years later and I'm still loving it.

Been telling myself I'd do a show, but still haven't stepped on stage
 
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
When I was young I always looked up to characters that were large or buff, I was a fan of the incredible hulk and still am. The ninja turtles were buff as hell lol. Popeye was made on getting big forearms to beat the shit out of guys lol. I also grew up being into sports and I found that the weights were a way to transform myself and increase performance.

When I was in high school was when I really fell in love with lifting. I had a weight lifting coach that preached strict form and was probably the best coach you could have as far as learning and creating a love of lifting.
 
ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
77
Points
6
just started workin out in high school to get in better shape, now i work out to stay fit and strong for my job (firefighter) and i also enjoy workin out very much
 
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
3,327
Points
38
Alot of motivating stories! seriously read everyones story you will get motivated!!
 
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,389
Points
38
wanted to get bigger for high school golf..and in turn..i could no longer swing a club hehe
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
After I watched Rocky 4 I started training. Not as soon as the credits finished you understand but that was my inspiration.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
At age 15 I watched Commando and seen Arnold and I thought thats what I want to look like! So I researhed him, bought a shit load of books and got the barbell bug since.
 

Similar threads

SteelPhysique
Replies
0
Views
16
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
SpotMePlease
Replies
0
Views
22
SpotMePlease
SpotMePlease
TitanProgress
Replies
0
Views
18
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
Top