• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

How do I get a flat stomach

F

frairi57

Guest
Hi, can anybody help me t out there that is reading this. Here is my problem: I lift weights everyday with no problems, however my stomach bows outward . I am not fat and I have a six pack, but my stomach doesn't lay flat it has a bit of a bow to it. You can see the muscles in my stomach but it bows outward a bit it is not flat like a lot of guys are. Can someone please tell me what type of exercise I can do to make my stomach flat. I know it is not bloating. I did try those inhales exercises where you suck your stomach in real tight and hold it for a minute, but it does not work. There must be some type of muscle I'm not working that I need to work that will help my stomach be more flat. If someone can please help me I would be greatly, greatly, appreciative. Frank
 
  • Like
Reactions: KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Diet and cardio, stomach vacuums planks with variations, bird dogs. You need more core activation, not heavy ab exercises.
 
FrenzyMaster

FrenzyMaster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Author
Joined
Jan 23, 2025
Messages
502
Points
28
Hi there, not so sure about your current condition, but sometimes it is not always about fat and muscle. You may also check your spine structure. There is a condition called Lumbar hyperlordosis. It is a condition where there is an excessive curve of the lower spine, creating a C-shaped curve. So no matter how you work on your core, it won't get flat since your lumbar curves forward abnormally. This is just a hypothesis based on your description. Fixing your sitting position may also help. Or perhaps you may also consult a specialist to check your spine structure. I will publish an article regarding this condition, maybe later or early tomorrow. :weightlifter:
 

Similar threads

Heatman
Replies
4
Views
2K
Heatman
Heatman
N
Replies
11
Views
4K
Folk Artist
Folk Artist
SweatLovin
Replies
5
Views
172
marko_23
marko_23
Top