• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do I stop notifications to my email??

johnjohn

johnjohn

I ran that contest here last week 3 guesses per person per day for a week. And my emails were notified every time someone commented. So basically I had 30 to 40 from just that 1 contest per day not counting every time someone starts a new thread or comments on a old thread. It's miserable for a Rep
I do rep stuff too at other places.
I do like I stated. I turn notification off on email except for person settings for personal email.
Forum emails I have notifications off.
U can always open another email to use for forums and keep notications off. Use Tapatalk to notify comments.
Use other email for personal things bills etc etc that is what I do. U can still check emails when u want they will be there when u check notications of free not!
Also I this thread it tells u how to adjust for this site especially VIP members need to set correctly
I've got every single notification possible off and I mean all of them and still get emails. It is what it is I guess I will try and start a separate email and change my information here to another email

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I still will get the email.
Turn them off on full site thru Google in settings on this site.
Then go to your email turn off notication to notify u when u get an email.
All forums have to use your email so u will get them but stop the notications..
U got to do it thru both settings on site then email or device settings for email notifications

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Another way to fix it is I put my ProtonMail synced as default and everything to my Gmail continued but the notications stopped.
I switched it back and adjusted as I stated in settimgs

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I have'nt came across such problem yet.
The problem started with VIP status.
Don't know if it's that more notifications are available that way or what.
It's not a problem anymore I went into setting on site thru Google and turned off to send me notification and set to only send email.
I then changed email notification settings on my email for certain things I labeled.
I still get all the emails just not the notifications about those emails or site notifications!
I have them all set to receive thru Tapatalk do I only receive Tapatalk notifications.
I totally understand JohnJohn, what he means. I do some rep type stuff at other places and I am on several boards that I follow. I follow certain topics and certain people and I can become a point that phone has to be silenced completely and it Will even kill battery fast!!!
Cutting down to just the notification I can see and click on and go straight to instead of having them duplicated thru site, email, and tapatalk!
I go to full version thru Google, I still can read my emails about them if I want, but but tapatalk makes on the go with full-time job holding my commitments and being available when needed a lot easier and faster!!!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not a problem anymore I went into setting on site thru Google and turned off to send me notification and set to only send email.
I then changed email notification settings on my email for certain things I labeled.
I still get all the emails just not the notifications about those emails or site notifications!
I have them all set to receive thru Tapatalk do I only receive Tapatalk notifications.
I totally understand JohnJohn, what he means. I do some rep type stuff at other places and I am on several boards that I follow. I follow certain topics and certain people and I can become a point that phone has to be silenced completely and it Will even kill battery fast!!!
Cutting down to just the notification I can see and click on and go straight to instead of having them duplicated thru site, email, and tapatalk!
I go to full version thru Google, I still can read my emails about them if I want, but but tapatalk makes on the go with full-time job holding my commitments and being available when needed a lot easier and faster!!!
Thanks for the tips!

I know ta wanted to turn off some of the notification here and he did turn some off but he told me that not everyone uses tapatalk so he needs to keep the main ones on. I get emails from mecca only when someone posts in a thread i subscrib to. I get a shit ton from tapatalk though.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Thanks for the tips!

I know ta wanted to turn off some of the notification here and he did turn some off but he told me that not everyone uses tapatalk so he needs to keep the main ones on. I get emails from mecca only when someone posts in a thread i subscrib to. I get a shit ton from tapatalk though.
I just figured that out tapatalk was sending emails also. I had no clue until I scrolled to the bottom of one a minute ago and it said tapatalk was sending emails also. I hit unsubscribe from the tapatalk emails. Hopefully it want mess with my alerts from tapatalk.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I turned those off thru email settings on tapatalk will only need to put notication on device
Your email will need to be stopped from notifications in email setting.
At least mine did and I still get my tapatalk
I marked or labelled forum emails as unimportant to not notify or u can label them as spam they are too many to keep anyway.

johnjohn

johnjohn

I turned those off thru email settings on tapatalk will only need to put notication on device
I marked or labelled forum emails as unimportant to not notify or u can label them as spam they are too many to keep anyway.
I turned off the email alerts from the main site from my user cp. But it still sends them regardless. Some email services have a option to stop notifications. But the encrypted email service I use doesn't have that option that I can see. Usually by turning off the notifications from the main site cp stops them. This one doesn't seem to stop them. Not a big deal will work with it and figure something out

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I turned off the email alerts from the main site from my user cp. But it still sends them regardless. Some email services have a option to stop notifications. But the encrypted email service I use doesn't have that option that I can see. Usually by turning off the notifications from the main site cp stops them. This one doesn't seem to stop them. Not a big deal will work with it and figure something out
Hi John,

Musclemecca is sending you out notifications after you turned them off?

I can fix that for you. I'll do it in the am. So sorry about that brother!

If anyone else doesn't want any notifications let me know.

Thanks

johnjohn

johnjohn

Hi John,

Thanks
No problem brother I'm easy to get along with lol. I like it over here but I would appreciate it if you could thanks broski. I was going to figure something out if you couldn't

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hi John,

Thanks
No problem brother I'm easy to get along with lol. I like it over here but I would appreciate it if you could thanks broski. I was going to figure something out if you couldn't
No big deal my friend! I'll take care of it first thing in the am.

If you ever have any issues or anything let me know any time.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Can you guys tell me what messages you are getting from mecca? Post notifications?

johnjohn

johnjohn

Post notification and quote notification