• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How long should I rest ??

A

amtz

I have dedicate a little bit more than a year to training, in this year I only rested for about 3 to 4 weeks split! (Train 6 weeks 1 off). Now I dont get all that excited with my training in fact this past days I have been leaving the gym way early!! You could say I just had enough of weights for now, and to make matters worse I'm in the middle of moving to my new house. With in this year I whent from 140 lbs. to 180 lbs. (I dont know if this is decent what do you think?) So my plan right now is to start pushing cardio since I hardly did cardio & to keep my self active and burn that extra fat that I gained during the bulking process. Again this would only be for a matter of weeks since I'm lacking in time & more or less I would like to take a brake from the gym.... My question is how long would it take to lose my gains?? Or in other words how long do you recomend I should rest? I know that it only takes 48 hours to stop protein synthesis and that many suggest only to rest a week, but after pushing it to the limit after a year I would really like to take an extra vacation.

Any one??

CHEERS!!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
that is a very decent amount of weight to gain mate! you will start losing gains fairly quickly, i wouldnt worry to much about it mate, youll gain it back pretty fast when you start training again.

Take the break man, if you really feel like yuo need it, you wont lose that much over a matter of a couple weeks.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo dont worry about loosing some weight. Stress is way worse for your muscles than a few weeks off, so with moving into your new home there will be enough stress. Take a few weeks off so you can get your life back on track and after that start training again. God bless muscle memory so your gain will be back very quick. I would suggest to keep a good diet to minimize muscle loss.

A

amtz

Thanks for your coments!! Yeah I asked aroundin the gym for advice and they told me the same thing... Also that this only will make me stronger and bigger when I return to the gym since my muscles will rest for quiet some time.

Thanks again =)

CHEERS!!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some time off will never be bad. It clears your mind and gives you the motivation you need when you get back.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like you got your questions answered!

...take a vacation man! No sweat at all. Like philosopher said, take these weeks off to re-coop and gain back that mental focus. There is nothing like the motivation to kill the weights after the break. Don't let that cortisol get to ya! haha.

Relax, enjoy and keep that diet going. Will make you feel better when you're not training.
Good luck with your new house bro.

A

amtz

Thanks peep's!! I actualy did a little weight training yesterday and noticed that I lifted like 10 lbs. extra than when I use to, most like do to my break but at the same time I was smoked as hell!!