• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How Many Hours Between Each Meal Do You wait To Eat Again

How long do you wait to eat again after each meal?

• Total voters
B

bigbenmarch

every 2 hours. i dont decide to eat. im just hungry every 2 hours!!
weight and portion all my meals so i know exaclty how much carbs, fats and protein i consume everyday. take me 1 hour every night to get everything ready for the next day to take to work. you gota love the george forman for making it easy to cook chicken and steak all at the same time though

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm i don't like this study. It is not being realistic IMO. if a person seperated 1500 cals into 6 meals they dont hardly eat at each meal, this would give drastically less hormonal output insulin is what i am referring to the most anabolic hormone in the body. also this group would never have a spike in any GH release either. If insulin is being released what little that would get relesed during these meals GH would not spike, GH releases 3-4 hours after a meal. SO If insulin is being released every two hours for their small meal and then GH is being suppressed bc insulin suppresses GH then the group eating 6 meals would have less hromonal out put where as the group that has 3 meals would have the maximum benefit of hormones. With that said i think that i eat 6 meals bc i cant eat 5000 cals in 3 meals with out getting fat, not bc i want to eat 6 times a day. That test wasnt that great IMO.

"There were no significant differences in change in fat mass (FM) between the groups, but a tendency towards a greater gain in the three meal group"

Hmm i wonder if it is bc they had a greater insulin levels which would explain bth why they gained more muscle and why they gained more fat.

i would like to see them test this with a 4000-5000 calories diet and see waht would happen, i bet we would all be leaning towards the 6 meals a day theory then.

:gaysign:

God Bless
Ben
That would be what I was seeing in their methods and results. I just saw that there had to be something else involved in those numbers as the results didn't make sense and they couldn't account for the variability.

I've still got so much to learn about nutrition :thumbsup2:

J

Jwayo

2-3, cuz that the time it takes for the body to handle each meal.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1- 3 hours.. for me

J

jacked475

I usually eat every 2.5 hours, but that's because i'm hungry. But i'm very active throughout the day.

cereal

cereal

2-3 hours depending how much I eat.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
3 hours

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP