• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How many Ron Paul supporters would vote Libertarian?

Would you vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious.

A good friend of mine works for the Libertarian party. However, prior to Mcain winning the Republican primary he worked with Ron Paul's people in Chicago. Now he's back to working for the Libertarians, pushing Wayne Root for president.

Since Ron's out of the run for president, would anyone here consider voting for a candidate like Wayne Root?

Short Wiki on him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Allyn_Root

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Ron isn't out.

Assuming neither Ron Paul or this guy (Wayne Root) have a chance of becoming president, why would I waste my vote on Root? I might as well "waste" my vote on Paul.

If I show up to vote, I'm voting Ron Paul.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My mistake, I thought Mcain had the Republican nomination already.

If I show up to vote, I'm voting Ron Paul.

This is purely hypothetical, but if Ron was out, and assuming the Liberarian candidate DID have a chance, would you vote for him?

Are all supporters of Ron Paul so unwavering? Would you consider supporting someone outside of Ron Paul's campaign if they shared the same goals?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
My mistake, I thought Mcain had the Republican nomination already.

This is purely hypothetical, but if Ron was out, and assuming the Liberarian candidate DID have a chance, would you vote for him?

Are all supporters of Ron Paul so unwavering? Would you consider supporting someone outside of Ron Paul's campaign if they shared the same goals?
I guess I meant that Ron Paul hasn't dropped out. So if John McCain dies, I assume Paul would be the Republican nominee since he's the only one left. lol.

I would vote for any presidential candidate if I liked their positions, regardless of what party their are in. Would I vote for a Libertarian? sure....if I liked what the person stood for. I wouldn't vote for him simply because he's a Libertarian. I don't know anything about Wayne Root, so I can't say that I'd vote for him.

I guess my point is, no matter who they choose to run, the Libertarian nominee isn't going to win the presidential election. So if Ron Paul doesn't have a chance and the Libertarian nominee doesn't have a chance, I might as well vote for Ron Paul. (I would write-in Ron Paul)

If I absolutely cannot vote for Paul, then I probably won't vote at all. I don't know of any other viable candidate that is worth my vote.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess my point is, no matter who they choose to run, the Libertarian nominee isn't going to win the presidential election.

It's interesting you said that. My friend, who is a fairly hard-core libertarian, dropped what he was doing for the party when Ron Paul was campaigning and worked his ass off for him. Furthermore, I was surprised to hear that many other libertarians did the same. Perhaps many libertarians realized libertarian nominees didn't stand much of a chance (as you said) and saw a great opportunity in Ron Paul, who is essentially a libertarian at heart.

Given that so many libertarians were quick to support Ron Paul, I was wondering if it worked in reverse.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I agree Ron Paul's views are very Libertarian, but if he would've entered the presidential race as as a Liberatarian, he would've never been in any of the debates or even on the news. Since Paul is a Republican, they had to include him in the debates and everything else.

I think Ron Paul as a Republican is as close as you'll get to a viable Libertarian candidate. If he was in any other party, he would've had any even slimmer chance of winning.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess I meant that Ron Paul hasn't dropped out. So if John McCain dies, I assume Paul would be the Republican nominee since he's the only one left. lol.

Man, what a shame that would be.

:gaygay:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Ron Paul as a Republican is as close as you'll get to a viable Libertarian candidate.

I agree. I think Ron Paul handled his campaign very intelligently. It's a shame the media still tried to shaft him whenever they could.

But I'm still curious about other Ron Paul supporters. If people like Ron Paul's views, and Ron Paul's views are very libertarian, then would it follow that Ron Paul's supporters would support other libertarian-oriented action? Or are they not supportive of the overall philosphy, just the person?

Let's be clear on one thing: I'm not accusing Ron Paul's supporters of anything, I'm asking for their opinion. I'd like to hear Ironslave on this one.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But I'm still curious about other Ron Paul supporters. If people like Ron Paul's views, and Ron Paul's views are very libertarian, then would it follow that Ron Paul's supporters would support other libertarian-oriented action? Or are they not supportive of the overall philosphy, just the person?

Let's be clear on one thing: I'm not accusing Ron Paul's supporters of anything, I'm asking for their opinion. I'd like to hear Ironslave on this one.

many of them will. Many are pure libertarian, some are libertarian leaning conservative. It's Ron's message which is what got so much support in the first place, but the person he is amplified that. Even still, its a two party system, and 3rd parties don't really have much chance. Sad reality.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As Jessie Ventura puts it, Republicans and Democrats, that's one more choice than the communists.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff