• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How was the O without Ronnie Coleman?

P

Pain

VIP
Personally, after watching the replay, The Olympia just wasn't the Olympia without Ronnie competing. I guess in a few years time it won't stand out as much. Ronnie always got everyone excited for the Olympia.

Thoughts?

Ronnie_coleman_Simon-1.jpg

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
the lead up wasnt the same without ronnie... but the actual olympia was filled with controversy and excitement IMO.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I didn't miss him nor Victor. It will be exciting to see what Victor brings next year though

ruel

ruel

well olympia without mass monsters are boring...

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had I known the title wouldn't be given to Cutler again, it would have been much more exciting for me. I didn't even get up early to watch the webcast. Next year I will again!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It wasnt as exciting for sure....the rivalry of ronnie and jay was the biggest event in the olympia....wuld jay have improved enough to beat ronnie? has ronnie's age finally caught up to him....these types of things brought the excitement to the show....also too see rule and the other mass monsters rock the stage

But this years olympis was better in quality overall phyisiques in the contest imo...i liked it very much and cant wait for olympia 2009

Victor Martinez= olympia 2009!!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the next few years will be exciting because the title wont stay in one guys hands for consecutive years like it use to...there is alot of talent coming up.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the next few years will be exciting because the title wont stay in one guys hands for consecutive years like it use to...there is alot of talent coming up.
x2 :xyxthumbs:

Kanav

Kanav

well i got into bodybuilding during ronnies reign, so for me it will never be the same without him

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
will never be the same without big nasty

but i think the next few olympias will be the best because the talent is so great and numerous people have a shot at it

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
regardless of ronnie coleman not being there, it was still fun and full of enjoyment from the start till the end.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the Olympia without Ronnie will still be a great show based on the new talent but it was forsure a bit different without Big Ron.... There will most likely never be a more dominating figure on the Olypia stage.... Ronnie was in a league and class all his own. We all were very fortunate to be fans during the reign of The Big Nasty and should all feel lucky....

G

Griffstrong

I agree also. Bodybuilding wouldnt be the same sport if they started judging everything strictly on proportion and asthetics. Its bodyBUILDING man....get as big as you can while still being able to come in shredded. Ronnie was cable of this and thats why i like him so much. Granted it is exciting to not know who is going to win it year after year....mass monsters that can get shredded is where its at. I do miss big Ronald being in there fa sho.