• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I could use some advice from people with experience

T

tmm510

haha yea, i believe I have the forum correct... at least close to correct. Which day would be best to throw in some dead lift? Legs?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as of now i have been doing a 4x/wk cycle of Mon. (Back and Triceps) Tues. (Chest, Bicepts)
wed. Off. Thursday(Legs) Friday(Core training like medicine ball stuff and planks)

Shoulders?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha yea, i believe I have the forum correct... at least close to correct. Which day would be best to throw in some dead lift? Legs?
Well deadlifts are a whole body lift, so pick one. I wouldn't do it the same day as legs. A lot of people on splits like to think of it as a back exercise (which I still don't understand) so it could go there.

And don't be afraid to admit that you need to work on squats. It took me a good ten years to get them right. All the little natural imbalances, preconcieved notions, crappy advice, lack of intestinal fortitude added up to me doing lame squats for years. Now I go ATG and still have a few things to get right.

Oh and if the thigh bone isn't parallel with the ground it isn't a parallel squat.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm also going to add my 2c but this is in regards to benching. Learn to bench properly, it will save your shoulders from untold agony in the future. Along with this make sure you work your upper back equally if not more than your chest.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because I fancy myself as an athlete, but of course I'm not really an athlete at all.

I can take myself with a grain of salt. I don't have to pimp myself on the internets to impress people. :borat:

hmm, i'm not going to be overly presumptious and assume you're implying myself unless you just come out and say it. because if you think making one precontest log and posting 2 training videos is "pimping" yourself, you are mislead.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
ok, ill give that a try and keep posting of how it goes. Does anyone know of solid workout logs for HIT programs that I can start to create my own off of?

You didn't even read my post!

pls read it.

and yes HIT WORKS!

If it doesn´t work for Tim doesn´t mean it does not work.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
HIT sucks ballz. Dreamed up by a documentary maker, epitomised by a drug addict and with a total of one decent BBer in its ranks.

I wasted years on HIT styles. At least try an upper/lower split.

lol you really do hate HIT don't you Tim.

As to tmm510, I would'nt start HIT now as you are new to training and you won't be able to put 100% into the set at hand. However I wouldn't opt you to do high volume. Just use 3-4 exercises for large muscle groups (Basic compound movements) and 1-2 exercises for smaller muscle groups. Do 2 working sets after the warm ups sets for each exercise. A four day split would be good. E.g. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
"split training" will mostly lead a newb to constantly miss legs day. He's already stated his intention to "focus" on upperbody.

Of course it's not a reason to avoid split training itself, but it's a factor to keep in mind when recomending a workout plan for a novice. Just my 2 cents. (nothing personal here tmm510).

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would advise upper/lower split each twice a week, and focus on compound movements

And fix your diet!

T

tmm510

haha no offensive taken. Im just trying to learn

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You didn't even read my post!

pls read it.

and yes HIT WORKS!

If it doesn´t work for Tim doesn´t mean it does not work.

It did work. READ MY POST!!! :talkhand:

What I said was I wasted a lot of time on a routine that was inferior.

Science backs my opinion.
BGL said:
lol you really do hate HIT don't you Tim.

As to tmm510, I would'nt start HIT now as you are new to training and you won't be able to put 100% into the set at hand. However I wouldn't opt you to do high volume. Just use 3-4 exercises for large muscle groups (Basic compound movements) and 1-2 exercises for smaller muscle groups. Do 2 working sets after the warm ups sets for each exercise. A four day split would be good. E.g. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Hate is a strong word. I'd say that I don't like HIT being touted as a good way to train. It is a compromise way of training when you don't have the time nor the ability to lift regularly.

And I think your point is a good one. Only an intermediate trainee will get anything out of it, because you really need to be able to push yourself properly, while still lifting correctly, while not creating imbalances, while not overeating, while allowing proper recovery to the CNS and body, while keeping focussed...... Hang-on, at least two of those things are going to go out the window for anyone. :borat:

Summary HIT - do it if you want to fail.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^

I didn't say for him to do HIT, read my post again.

I do HIT/low volume Tim and I am not going to fail, I assure you.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Check my log. I'm currently 4xFullbody a week.

Haha tye gif fails, because the guy puts his right arm through the screen but hits the other guy / himself with a left hook / slap?