• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I want to lose weight for a competition but am in college.

P

ptahm22

I want to compete in a strongman competition on april 15th and at my current weight I'm considered a heavy weight. I think I might be able to lift the weights for the heavy weight class, but I'm not sure. I would rather lose the 15-20lbs of fat and compete in the light weight division of the competition. However I am in college and the options at the cafeteria are not the greatest and change constantly. We also have a small restaurant on campus called the Depot which I can get chicken and brown rice from but the chicken is greasy. I can always get salads at the cafeteria, but I am worried about any strength losses from not getting enough protein.

Should I just go with the chicken and rice at the Depot? Or go with salads and try to get enough protein from the diced chicken on the salad line?

I will also be increasing the intensity of my cardio with sprints, tire flips, sled pulls and box jumps.

Any other advice? Anything would be helpful. Also, I am at 236 and would like to be under 220lbs by april 15th.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First of all I wish you all the best. You may try alternating between the depot and cafe food items. Try taking greasy chicken only twice week. See if you can get a protein supplement/ powder whatever is available in your viscinity. Incoperate eggs and fat free milk in your diet.

As a student eating is always an issue, see if you can engage someone to provide you with meals of your choice but you will have to pay them extra.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gee, that is one serious competition you are joining. Your workout will definitely help you in losing weight. My suggestion for a warm up is a run around the campus until you break sweat. There, you have lost ½ pound already. Next is the lifting of weights which would also cause you to lose some pounds depending on the duration of your workout. For the food, I would suggest for you to stay away from chicken for a while. Take on beef and rice. The carbohydrate in rice is easier to be process than that of potato. With beef, it will give you more energy. Beef and rice is the staple of Manny Pacquiao when he is in training for a fight. It’s actually the simple boiled beef with cabbage and plain white rice. Good luck to the competition.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you ever tried Carb-Cycling.
You can alter the amount of Carbs to Coincide with your Training.
So on Heavy Lifting Days, you eat more Carbs, the rest of the time, you are either Low Carb, or Intermediate.
It offers the most Flexibility for losing Fat, without losing Strength.
You might find Myfitnesspal a good resource for tracking your Carbs/Fat/Protein/Sugar/Sodium/Water.
This is a Free Tracking App for Smartphones and Computers.
I use it when I'm cutting, and you can see your Daily Macros at a glance.