• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Insulin during prep

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
The dude is a troll or a hater just save your breath fire a legit athlete not some shit talker. Don’t even believe he has diabetics in his house and if he dose and they’re not type 1 then how lol
Who are you referring to - pgcc604 or myself?

Reactions: TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Who are you referring to - pgcc604 or myself?
Not you Joe for sure. The other dude had one disagreement and then split. lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Not you Joe for sure. The other dude had one disagreement and then split. lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
OK. Tx. I may be totally wrong and out of line with this topic, so if he is more knowledgeable in it, I'd love to hear more. I'm mostly going by common sense and asking the people I know who work in the medical field, the diabetics in my house and my TRT doctor.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
M4BTEAM

M4BTEAM

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Reactions: ArnoldS, Push50 and TalkAdmin
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Reactions: ArnoldS, Push50 and TalkAdmin
TheRoid

TheRoid

I will typically use 5 - 10iu of “R” before each meal depending on the level of carbs in the meal. R generally has an on set of about 30 minutes and a duration of 8 hours. I check my BG frequently and I always carry glucose tabs just in case. Definitely not something you want to do without the proper research and planning. Because if you over do it and your not prepared, IT CAN KiLL YOU!

All information is provided for entertainment and informational purposes. I do not condone or promote the use of any medication not recommended by a physician.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
If used before meals several times a day, Log would be much better. Active just when needed so less overall desensitization. This means possibile longer use with less fat gain and lower fasting Blood glucose(bad sign).

Reactions: ArnoldS
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@TheRoid

Which log are you referencing??? I do not believe that I have ever ran a log on MCCA during which I used Insulin.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I run insulin I typically run a Novolin r. I don’t run it often, only if I’m bulking and pushing calories especially carbs. Even fasting bs is elevated at that time and this method has been ok’d by my endocrinologist as well as my hematologist. I do understand your point on the humalog but my endocrinologist wants me to stick with the R.

Reactions: TheRoid
TheRoid

TheRoid

When I run insulin I typically run a Novolin r. I don’t run it often, only if I’m bulking and pushing calories especially carbs. Even fasting bs is elevated at that time and this method has been ok’d by my endocrinologist as well as my hematologist. I do understand your point on the humalog but my endocrinologist wants me to stick with the R.

Are you also on Metformin and/or latest generation Sulphonylureas?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No not currently.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
dude I'm sorry I'm off for a debate with somebody but you make absolutely no sense. you just said all over again what you said the first time that it's insane to use insulin because you could go into insulin shock I agreed with all that and that is all true if you don't eat. tell me what idiot would shoot 10 units of insulin after they train and then not eat for 4 hours? because that's what would happen is they would go into insulin shock and possibly die now if you take in even 70 or 80 g of carbs that's not going to happen it doesn't matter what type of cabs. my point wasn't that insulin can't kill you and it can't be dangerous a lot of things can be dangerous when misused my point was there is a very safe way to use it and it's a very safe drug if he was correctly and it cannot make you diabetic that's another myth that you came up with from somewhere you probably read it somewhere but it's not true. so all your hypothesis or guesses or whatever you're doing cuz they're not fact and you're twisting the truth bringing up the same thing you brought up in the first post without even acknowledging my point that as long as you eat it's not a dangerous drug because you cannot go into insulin shock or diabetic shock or die. so respond to that respond to the fact that there is no possible way if you eat carbs after you take insulin that you're going to go into diabetic shock anytime and there's any chance of it cuz there's no chance of it so why don't you respond to that what do you think after learning that not your preconceived notions of insulin.

oh and then you lost me totally on T3 what do you really know about T3 I don't know you but just by reading the post I could tell you don't know a lot about these substances. I want to know what's so bad about T3 that you actually said people are dying more that they're using T3 more people are not using T3 more. people been using T3 since the late seventies to lose body fat. it's actually a very safe drug it does not shut off your thyroid gland like testosterone shuts off the testosterone in your body your body makes 25 micrograms of insulin a day actually T3 a day I believe that does not change if you introduce outside T3 so you're still getting the 25 micrograms that your body produces now a lot of people don't understand this so they end up taking too much T3 which isn't deadly or anything there's going to be no horrible repercussions even from taking too much. but knowing that even a dose of 12.5 micrograms will work very well for a lot of people the most I've ever taken is 25. another myth is there's a huge rebound effect from thyroid that if you take it for a contest for 3 months you have to go through some elaborate come off the thyroid plan or you're going to blow up like a balloon. it's also not true there are so many myths that are perpetuated by people like you that don't know what the hell they're talking about but choose to make opinions anyway why don't you do research learn about these drugs and then comment on them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Do whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that these substances can bring a lot of problems with them. Unless you're a top pro bodybuilder and getting endorsement deals (which they don't even get much of these days), what are you doing it for? No end game, no reason. Sorry if I'm wrong about that.

P

pgcc604

I've used insulin not any miracle drug.

Using it precontest, unless you have a trainer with a PhD in the use of insulin it should never be used precontest.
First you carbs will be restricted which is not good if you get a reaction to the insulin.
Also, using insulin will make it so much harder to come in shredded because it shuttles everything to your cells fat included. If you are going to use it for a contest you must use GH and T3.
Personally it's not needed and attempting to get the dose correct to help carb up WILL GET YOU KILLED.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk