• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

japan legally limits waistline

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you can't change people's mindset by force. wanting to improve the overall health of your nation is great, but doing so through punishment and penalties is completely asinine.

if we as Americans want to help curb the obesity problem, we should improve the education that children are receiving in schools in regards to health. that'd be a start. hell, it wouldn't be bad if they made recess 2 hours long. (since thats everyones favorite part of school anyway) :wutyousay:

simply put, it's discrimination.

in a free society, you have to allow people to make their own decisions. if they want to be unhealthy and fat, then so be it.

your a wise man!

:xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Tech's right. Wow, I can't understand some of these other mindsets...You people are unflinching.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^that aint kool homie...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
taking away peoples freedom to do as they please? wow bro? this coming from a "Christian" i think you should really re-think this statement, even though i agree in some regard that North America is very very out of shape, you cant make people do anything they do not want to do or desire to do on their own.. some people are actually quite happy being overweight and wont change that for the world.. who are you to tell them what size their waist should be? check yourself dude.

no one is telling them they can't be fat. however japan is giving financial incentive for them to be healthy. yes this is coming from someone who believes strongly in God (your body is a temple isn't it?). and they are totally within their means to do so. it is no different than China putting more taxes on families who have more than one child to help curb the population problem. this is Japan's version for an obesity problem. if a population is largely overweight it greatly increases the chance that they will incure health related problems, thus putting a greater strain on the healthcare system. no one's telling them what size they should be, just giving them incentive to be healthier, check yourself.

Originally posted by Tech
simply put, it's discrimination.

in a free society, you have to allow people to make their own decisions. if they want to be unhealthy and fat, then so be it.

they're in no way limiting what you can eat or what you do, they are, simply put, just trying to give incentive to get society healthier. you would be restricting their choice if you outlawed certain foods. i don't know why you object to a nation trying to help their populations overall health. your looking at it in black and white terms and not looking at it's goal for implemention which is a very positive thing.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
they're in no way limiting what you can eat or what you do, they are, simply put, just trying to give incentive to get society healthier. you would be restricting their choice if you outlawed certain foods. i don't know why you object to a nation trying to help their populations overall health. your looking at it in black and white terms and not looking at it's goal for implemention which is a very positive thing.
it's never a positive thing when politicians try to tell people what they can and can't do with their own body.

it's like last year when law-makers were being "persuaded" by the pharmaceutical company Merck to make it mandatory for young girls to receive the HPV Vaccine. you think politicians and pharmaceutical companies give a fuck about the health of your children? they only care about what's in it for them.

call me crazy, but whenever the government says they are doing something that they claim is for the good of the people.......I'm a little skeptical. :wutyousay:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
see below

Attachments

• hitler.jpg
    hitler.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Its a great idea in theory... but you cannot force people into changing things like that.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's never a positive thing when politicians try to tell people what they can and can't do with their own body.

it's like last year when law-makers were being "persuaded" by the pharmaceutical company Merck to make it mandatory for young girls to receive the HPV Vaccine. you think politicians and pharmaceutical companies give a fuck about the health of your children? they only care about what's in it for them.

call me crazy, but whenever the government says they are doing something that they claim is for the good of the people.......I'm a little skeptical. :wutyousay:

good point and that is true. it is easy to see why companies would promote a vaccination, purely for profit and i agree i don't think for a second they actually care about those girls well being. however i don't see what japan has to benefit from this? do you? if you think they do i would like to know :dunnodude:

you're comparing this to other times in history when nations have tried to bring about mandates/laws akin to this, but japan's motivation for this seems to me from the article i read to have a motive that is pure of heart. this is being used as a motivational tool to get in shape. remember they're not forcing people to change what it is they do, they are only giving incentive to do so.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm... did they open up even more MC donalds there ?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
however i don't see what japan has to benefit from this? do you? if you think they do i would like to know :dunnodude:

Because it's just a violation of liberty.

Besides that, the main thing I always point out in situations like this where people, typically liberals, don't understand is this. Where would the money come from to reward these people? Not only are you giving a financial reward to people, but how would the program be regulated? You'd have to create a department, likely in a hospital setting (which most hospitals are overcrowded as shit as things are) and pay someone to do the measurements, then you have a big governing board who looks over it, and so on and so on.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because it's just a violation of liberty.

Besides that, the main thing I always point out in situations like this where people, typically liberals, don't understand is this. Where would the money come from to reward these people? Not only are you giving a financial reward to people, but how would the program be regulated? You'd have to create a department, likely in a hospital setting (which most hospitals are overcrowded as shit as things are) and pay someone to do the measurements, then you have a big governing board who looks over it, and so on and so on.

i'm about half way through with "The Revolution" and i must say i am changing my stance on this. i think my main drive for supporting this was my lack of pity for those in poor shape, but you're right it in essence is a violation of liberty.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm about half way through with "The Revolution" and i must say i am changing my stance on this. i think my main drive for supporting this was my lack of pity for those in poor shape, but you're right it in essence is a violation of liberty.

I have little pity for those who become morbidly obese as well.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think its unfair to some people because there are those naturally born with large waistlines and even if they change their diet things won't change.
They should respect and accept that some people are actually different.