• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay's legs fixed

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You seriously can't see the size difference in the VM and VL? It's most obvious in any shot with his right leg forward.

I actually used to like Jay's physique but it has gone backwards for the last few years (even when he won).

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you kidding me? You don't see that obvious difference???

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
his legs are small becaause he has no muscle cells up past half of his leg..that the reason right there..some people think bb is partly genetic....I think it 99 percent genetic..or everybody would look almost like Ronnie.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

being a mecca vip how do you not see it -_-

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
his legs are small becaause he has no muscle cells up past half of his leg..that the reason right there..some people think bb is partly genetic....I think it 99 percent genetic..or everybody would look almost like Ronnie.
You honestly believe this? :ughnoes:

It is quite clear that his right leg has either had an injury or his leading leg has been receiving more stimulation and become dominant and he hasn't fixed this with heavy compound single leg work. You don't get magic differences between limbs, the body will even lose size/strength off dominant limbs/sides of the body in order to maintain a level of equilateral homeostasis. It is also why single leg injuries are often prescribed training for the oposite limb to stop losses to the injured limb. :coolguy:

As for the genetics; I'm yet to hear of anyone that becomes huge without having had to work and eat. Even the freaks with myostatin annomolies still have to eat and work/train/lift. So how the hell does it all come down to genetics? Great way to disregard all the hard work, correct nutrition, athletic ability and drive, commitment, and preseverance. :disgust:

And no, not everyone would look like Ronnie, because not everyone wants to.

R

Ruhlforever

Vastus lateralis could be the problem, but for Jay fans, relax, he did not lose on size he lost in condition department. Nobody has his wonderful legs.

R

Ruhlforever

That's a Shame. He looks BLOCKY

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed, being called dumb is over the top and unnecessary. However, the difference is plain as day. I really think it is a neural issue which may not be able to be fixed.

:xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, big difference
right leg looks like it was smacked from the side by a steel beam

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You honestly believe this? :ughnoes:

It is quite clear that his right leg has either had an injury or his leading leg has been receiving more stimulation and become dominant and he hasn't fixed this with heavy compound single leg work. You don't get magic differences between limbs, the body will even lose size/strength off dominant limbs/sides of the body in order to maintain a level of equilateral homeostasis. It is also why single leg injuries are often prescribed training for the oposite limb to stop losses to the injured limb. :coolguy:

As for the genetics; I'm yet to hear of anyone that becomes huge without having had to work and eat. Even the freaks with myostatin annomolies still have to eat and work/train/lift. So how the hell does it all come down to genetics? Great way to disregard all the hard work, correct nutrition, athletic ability and drive, commitment, and preseverance. :disgust:

And no, not everyone would look like Ronnie, because not everyone wants to.

i agree with most of your post. but napolonater is right too. the vastus lateralus just does not insert as high up on his leg as his left one does. though i'm sure jay could help this problem with single leg work, it will never look as full or thick as the left and that is purely genetic. even in his earlier days you could see a little difference, and it has worsened over time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm not sure about the insertion, you'd have to see him in real life to make sure. But yes that wouldn't help and would create a natural imbalance. So I see your point. I'm sure we all have small differences between sides/limbs that may be visually noticeable, but his is quite pronounced and is more than just genetics.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tim290280
I'm not sure about the insertion, you'd have to see him in real life to make sure.

if it was a minor insertion difference yes. but this is as clear as day and i think the pictures show this pretty well. maybe it's a nerve problem that is causing such a significant size difference. but everything being equal, that right leg will always be a little smaller. it's NEVER been as striated or as large as the other, and this is speaking only of the vastus lateralus.

But yes that wouldn't help and would create a natural imbalance. So I see your point. I'm sure we all have small differences between sides/limbs that may be visually noticeable, but his is quite pronounced and is more than just genetics.

agreed. though i think it is more genetic than anything else. even if it is a nerve issue coupled with the smaller inserting vastus lateralus, i would still personally put most of the blame anyways on a genetic predisposition for such a scenario. someone like jay does not train particularily hard or heavy (example: ronnie's injuries are likely due to the way he trained, very heavy. speculation i know, but it is logical) and some people are more predisposed to getting something like a pinched nerve and this is largely genetic.