• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Jockey’s weight limit

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
A horse jockey is a difficult job especially if you have a natural big bulk because the crux of the matter is the weight. A horse has a designated weight to carry (I think 116 pounds is the minimum) so the jockey must weight lighter than that number. That’s why jockeys have to go to the sauna to lose excess poundage otherwise they would suffer a technical of being overweight. In our country where people are not as tall as the Americans, jockeys don’t have much problem with their weight when they are young. But with age, their metabolism becomes slower and added weight becomes obvious. I know of several jockeys who retired due to weight problems.
 
R

rz3300

Banned
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
677
Points
0
I actually just learned about a month ago that the family of my wife knows a jockey. I am not amazed at the fact but more just the idea that this had never come up, especially since I am pretty sure we have watched some races together. I did not ask them this though, but it is interesting.
 
Top