• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Joint Supps

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
what are the best joint Supps out there. About a month ago I had some sharp pain in my elbow. Took a week off, starting taking glucosamine, not going as heavy on bench and doing push downs with just bands. I also started taking a product called Super Cissus Rx.

I'm sure there are some other things I need to be doing, I'm gonna start taking more ibuprofen to help out, I just like to avoid taking that crap if I can.
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
it's better to take Glucosamine with Chondroitin and MSM !!!


First, Glucosamine has been shown to repair and regenerate cartilage tissue. Second, Chondroitin helps promote lubricating fluids for your joints and cartilage. Third, MSM helps maintain elasticity of joint tissues.

if you still get sharp pain in your elbow, it's better to go see a doctor !! just to make sure it's nothing serious.

good luck bro :thumbsup2:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Exactly.

I'll also add that a sharp pain is not the same as a dull ache for a reason. Sharp means that you should stop and go and see someone about what you have done wrong.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
^^^ eggsacktly



they work really well
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
Damn, how come I've never heard of these awesome supplements? I'll certainly check it out. My knee joints are hurting after an ultra heavy leg day followed by deadlifts. :(
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Umm that should be telling you something about your program not your need for supplements.
 
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
The glucosamine I'm taking has chondroitin in it and I have some powedered msm. When I had the sharp pain I took a week off and ever since its just kind of been a dull pain, nothing sharp at all. I'm just trying to get it completely healed so it doesn't get to a point where I have to stop lifting.

Is Cissus clinically proven to help joints? I feel like the stuff has helped a little but that could be the gluco/chon/msm
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
The glucosamine I'm taking has chondroitin in it and I have some powedered msm. When I had the sharp pain I took a week off and ever since its just kind of been a dull pain, nothing sharp at all. I'm just trying to get it completely healed so it doesn't get to a point where I have to stop lifting.

Is Cissus clinically proven to help joints? I feel like the stuff has helped a little but that could be the gluco/chon/msm

joint supplements wont heal your injuries, they just lube up your joints and carry more nutrients to th joints, maybe u should try smoking joints to relax your joints
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
maybe u should try smoking joints to relax your joints


gifbincolinfarrel.gif
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
The glucosamine I'm taking has chondroitin in it and I have some powedered msm. When I had the sharp pain I took a week off and ever since its just kind of been a dull pain, nothing sharp at all. I'm just trying to get it completely healed so it doesn't get to a point where I have to stop lifting.

Is Cissus clinically proven to help joints? I feel like the stuff has helped a little but that could be the gluco/chon/msm

Maybe take some Ibruprofen for the dull ache, it should go away. Recently ive had a dull ache in my shoulder and whenever I raise it up it killed like hell. After a couple of days of having Ibroprofen it sure helped it out. I'd then suggest if it's still there, go docs!
 
I

IronMagLabs

New member
Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1
Points
1
Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM supplements can take up to 2 months before you notice they're working, if you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter, etc. it should be in your daily supplement arsenal to keep your joints healthy.
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
^^ Umm that should be telling you something about your program not your need for supplements.

I figured that out the next day. I don't know what I was thinking but I pushed myself too far. Now I'm paying the price, two weeks without any quad excersizes. :omgwtf:
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
for some reason, everytime i take joint support supplements i feel all my old injurys. so i just don't take any and im completely fine without them :keke:

but glycosamine and msm should really help
 

Similar threads

Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
76
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
PumpChaser
Replies
3
Views
146
jasonm_87
jasonm_87
Top