• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

justice and micheal vick

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The telling me I'm not allowed to go to school is not like it at all bud. He broke the law, and he went to jail for it. The NFL hasn't handed down a suspension yet, but I agree with Tech, it will likely be a year maximum. So what that it is "part of his culture." If Flex or one of his relatives from the 5 families kill someone, does that make it acceptable because its part of their culture?? (not saying dog fighting is on par with a mafia hit, but its they're still both wrong)

The NFL is a private business, and they have a code of conduct. If they think that part of their image as a respectable part of society means not allowing an ex-con thug like Michael Vick to be in the league, or if they lose sponsors, fan attendance, whatev... thats their business (though they haven't, I'd imagine a year or 2 suspension, if that, once he's out of jail). But regardless, chances are not many teams will want to sign him because of the protesting and all that baggage, if it hurts them financially... and that's their right.

Ok thats like this comparison. Gentics are to biology, like culture is to sociology. U can not overlook the complexity of sociological factors that were involved with the situattion. The comparison between a human and an animal is redicilous they dont even come close to holding the same weight of importance. Let me say that i DO NOT agree with waht he did, but i can understand the circumstances he was involved in. Techinically vik should be judged by a jury of his peers which amoung other things should include thugs, gangbangers ect if that is what he came from.

Do u see the point that taking everything into account killing dogs does not equate to abolishing part of someones freedom.

My comparison about your schooling is completely legitimate. lets say you were in viks situation but u were looked highly upon for your grades instead of athletic ability. Children looked up to you ect ect. U got caught doing something that as far as u were concerned was as much a part of hanging out and social life as drinkng a beer. But society frowns on it so you are no longer allowed to attend school, your money making potential has been stripped from you. If vik got banned from the nfl he can no longer have his money making potential. If the NFL makes the decision then thats fine bc they are doing what is best for their bussiness, if the courts made the decision then it is wrong.

If the justice system decides abuse to animals is grounds for stripping someones lively hood then we need to go to gene simmons house bc he has had sex with farm animals. we also need to go to ozzy osbornes house and take his money and tell him he can never make music again bc he ate the head off of a bat.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok thats like this comparison. Gentics are to biology, like culture is to sociology. U can not overlook the complexity of sociological factors that were involved with the situattion. The comparison between a human and an animal is redicilous they dont even come close to holding the same weight of importance. Let me say that i DO NOT agree with waht he did, but i can understand the circumstances he was involved in. Techinically vik should be judged by a jury of his peers which amoung other things should include thugs, gangbangers ect if that is what he came from.

Oh come on Ben. For starters i made it clear that killing an animal was not as serious as a human, but its a lot closer than me being banned from school for "something part of my culture." Should we have juries for grand theft auto cases require having someone on them who also was convicted of grand theft auto? What if they grew up in a neighborhood where people steal cars all the time?

Do u see the point that taking everything into account killing dogs does not equate to abolishing part of someones freedom.

Again, the league/ teams have freedom as well. If they don't want to sign him, or let him into the league because it will be a marketing nightmare, and they lose sponsors, fan support, merchandise sales, etc... then they don't have to let him play! He's not being discriminated against because of something like color of his skin, he's being discriminated against because of what he did.

My comparison about your schooling is completely legitimate. lets say you were in viks situation but u were looked highly upon for your grades instead of athletic ability. Children looked up to you ect ect. U got caught doing something that as far as u were concerned was as much a part of hanging out and social life as drinkng a beer. But society frowns on it so you are no longer allowed to attend school, your money making potential has been stripped from you.

No its not. Drinking a beer is not a crime for starters. Furthermore, I think this strengthens my point, children DO look up to athletes. If the NFL/team in it doesn't want a ex-con thug to play in the league/on a team, because it hurts their image and they don't want children looking up to someone like him, that is their choice.

Look at countless examples of teachers having sex with underage students. Lets say hypothetically, a 40 year old Teacher who's name rhymes with "neck" has sex with a 14 year old girl, who is not one of his students, it doesn't happen on school grounds, anything like that. So, lets say that "neck" gets caught, and arrested for this. After "neck" gets out of prison, lets say his teaching license is revoked, or no school ever hires him, is that wrong? Are they taking away his freedom?

If vik got banned from the nfl he can no longer have his money making potential.

Im sure he will live just fine off his tens of millions of dollars he already has.

If the NFL makes the decision then thats fine bc they are doing what is best for their bussiness, if the courts made the decision then it is wrong.

Where'd this come from? The courts aren't going to make a decision of if Vick can play in the NFL once he's out of prison. They've already handed out their justice, they can't do anything more. If Vick is allowed to play football that will be decided by the league or teams in it.

If the justice system decides abuse to animals is grounds for stripping someones lively hood then we need to go to gene simmons house bc he has had sex with farm animals. we also need to go to ozzy osbornes house and take his money and tell him he can never make music again bc he ate the head off of a bat.

The justice department is not stripping his livelihood at all. They convicted him of a law he broke. The only stripping him of his livelihood will be by the private league/teams. Several athletes have had their careers cut short because no team wanted them because of their behavior on or off the field, the baggage they came with, etc. That's their right to do so.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hunting has been around since the birth of man, who are you too think its wrong.

I can tell you hunting is far more humane then the treatment of cattle, chicken and pigs. I would have to call you a hypocrite, for being a bodybuilder..... unless your one of those soy protein wheat grass eaters :keke:

hunting has been around since the birth of man because that's how they got their food. men who hunt now do it only for the thrill or its skin, not because they need to for survival as man did back then.

and i hate wheat grass and avoid anything soy, fyi

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hunting has been around since the birth of man because that's how they got their food. men who hunt now do it only for the thrill or its skin, not because they need to for survival as man did back then.

and i hate wheat grass and avoid anything soy, fyi

I know many people who use hunting as a form of livelyhood. A deer has enough lean meat to sustain a person for a good few months.

Ive worked as a farmhand and in a pig barn, believe me shooting and killing a deer is far more humane than processing 100's of head of livestock. Have you ever grabbed a runt piglet and heaved into the air and slapped it headfirst onto the floor?

apparently thats a pretty common discipline in removing runts from production. Bolt guns are also a familiar tool, basicaly its a large steal spike propelled by a .22 shell... Creates less mess. Believe me, giving a Doe a 1 shot is nothing compared to cruelties found in animal production. Think about that the next time you eat something that used to be alive.

Chances are that Chicken was boiled alive as it entered the skaulding tank.... which is used to defeather:hyperguy:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This just means that the Special Edition Vick Falcon's jersey that I have will be worth more now :dunnodude:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know many people who use hunting as a form of livelyhood. A deer has enough lean meat to sustain a person for a good few months.

Ive worked as a farmhand and in a pig barn, believe me shooting and killing a deer is far more humane than processing 100's of head of livestock. Have you ever grabbed a runt piglet and heaved into the air and slapped it headfirst onto the floor?

apparently thats a pretty common discipline in removing runts from production. Bolt guns are also a familiar tool, basicaly its a large steal spike propelled by a .22 shell... Creates less mess. Believe me, giving a Doe a 1 shot is nothing compared to cruelties found in animal production. Think about that the next time you eat something that used to be alive.

Chances are that Chicken was boiled alive as it entered the skaulding tank.... which is used to defeather:hyperguy:

wow. good post. i know animal processing is very brutal but it's almost a neccesary evil to feed our ever growing nation. but i think vicks punishment is far too harsh for essentially the death of three dogs.